50

Ri'asia POV

" Babe stop complaining. He invited us to church. It might actually be fun I always wanted to go to church." I squeal and he laughed. " Plus if Jada Antonio and Carmen is there we can make fun of people." He laughed.

So Zhafir's dad invited us to church yesterday. He ended up coming over yesterday because he had to bring him something. he invited us to go to church today and I am so excited. I have always wanted to go to church. I don't know why he is so nervous when he grew up in the church.

" some people haven't seen me in so many years. I am a totally different person and I know how those church people are. They probably started all types of rumors about me and my business probably all in and out of that church." He sighed and I walked in front of him and tied his tie.

" Who cares? If we have a bad day today we don't have to go back. But if you have a good day today could you maybe consider us being a church going family." I squealed and he laughed. " I am truly so excited."

"I can see you." He laughed.

"Y'all ready?" Jayda walked in and I nodded.

"Yeah."

We all packed up into my Tesla. We just laughed and talked.

We pulled up and it was packed like the Travis Scott concert. Well- shut you get what I am saying.

I stopped me step and Zhafir slammed into me.

"Baby be careful." I danced and he watched me. "All this excitement for church. Oh... baby... you are about to get a rude awaken." They laughed.

We walk inside the church and his dad gregid it us at the door. He sat us in the front row.

"Baby look at you!" Some old lady walked up to Zha. " we haven't seen you in years."

"I know." He hugged her.

"Ruth! Claire!" She called them over. "Look at our baby boy all grown up." They gasped.

"Do you remember me?"

"Of course." He laughed. "Mrs. Hopkins." She clapped and hugged him.

"Hey baby boy." He hugged the other lady.

"This is my wife." He grabbed me and I stood up.

"Hello, I am Ri'asia."

"Hey baby, I am Keisha but you can call me Ruth." I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"Mrs. Hopkins."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. I love your gloves." She smiled.

"Thank you.

"This is my brother and my sister, Antonio and his wife Jayda, which is my blood sister."

"Oh... she is your sister sister?" He nodded. "Hey baby." They greeted them.

"You two come on we have to show you around." They grabbed Jayda and Zhafir and they walked off.

***

" can we hear the Church say amen to that." We clapped. " Love is patient love is kind." The went ok in a uproar.

"Amen."

" now before I let you guys go I wanna take a moment to honor my son and my daughter. They are here today and I couldn't be more happier for my son to watch me in a different light then what he saw coming up." He sighed. " I haven't always been on this path but one day I was sitting there with these drugs in my hand. I sat there thinking, how could I fail at life like this? How could I fall so far away from God? I don't know where my daughter is... I don't know what my son is doing... I was just your regular old homeless junkie. I remember sitting there calling out for God and he talked to me in his own way. He use my subconscious. He said to me it is never too late to become the man that you always wanted to be. After I heard those words and I spoke those words out loud a warmth surround of my body. Within two months I was in rehab. After about eight months I was clean. I was dedicated to cleaning myself up to become the man that I always wanted to be. Look at me now being Gods tool. I know where my son is and I now know where my daughter is. I still have work to do, I have to built a bond from the ground up and j have to repair a bond I broke. I am so greatful for the opportunity and the chance to do so. I am happier without drugs. I healed from my spirit. I am a better person. I walk better, I'll talk better, I smell better, I live better, it is all because I gave it to God." They all clapped.

"that's right!"

"Amen!"

" I filled my father's shoes like I always wanted to. I felt so unworthy of being able to stand on the stage the first day I stood on the stage. You guys welcomed me, you gave me the second chance and a home that I need it. Son, daughter, this is me. This is who I am and I am so thankful for you guys being a big part of the reason I became who I am. I want to sincerely apologize for neglecting you, abandoning you, not loving you when you needed it, letting you grow up not knowing yourself, putting you in a predicaments where you had to do things that you would never want to do, I am so sorry for not providing for you, protecting you, caring and nurturing you. I apologize with every ounce of my being." I looked and Jayda was crying and I reach over and grabbed her hand and she squeezed my hand and held it.

I look at Zhafir and he sat with the same face he always held and he nodded.

" and not to put you in the spot. But we all know my son was the best one on the choir." The church laughed. "How about you come up here and sing your favorite song?"

I laughed and he looked at me.

"Go baby, I wanna hear you sing."

"No." He waved him off.

"Son come on, everyone cheer him on." The church started chanting.

"Go baby." I pushed him and he hopped up. "That's my baby!" He looked at me and smiled.

He walked in the stage and everybody started clapping.

"Hey everyone." He spoke softly into the mic.

"Hey baby boy." The yelled random stuff.

"I am gonna to sing praise him in advance." He looked at me and I shot him a thumbs up. "Do y'all mind if I invite my wife up? I am a little nervous, her support is needed," they cheered and I got up and walked up there and stood beside him.

He nodded to the band and the beat started and he grabbed my hand.

"I've had my share of ups and downs. Times when there was no one around
God came and spoke these words to me. Praise will confuse the enemy." The choir shook the stage. "I've had my share of ups and downs. Times when there was no one around. God came and spoke these words to me. Praise will confuse the enemy." He closed his eye and he started to feel the song. He threw his body into it and he his emotional spilled out in his voice and it was beautifull.

He range and pitch was amazing. He controlled the choir and the emotions in the room.

He sounded so beautiful. The choir shook you soul. 

The church started to join in.

"That's why I praise Him with my hands.That's why I praise Him with a dance. He's given me a second chance. Come on let's praise Him in advance
That's why I praise him with a song
When things are right and when they're wrong. He's given me a second chance. Come on let's praise Him in advance." He song and the choir song softly and the band played softly and he started to speak into the mic. I was in awe.

He started to sing again and the choir came in heavy and the vibration ran through my feet up to my head. The drums and base rocked my body but his voice was everything. He was so amazing. He started to scale and do runs. His voice cracked and the choir calm down for a second. He stopped and I watched him start to cry and the church started to clapped. I rubbed his back.

"When I am broke..." the choir came in strong again. "I will praise him in advance." He hit scaled up into a high note and then back down and finish in a run.

He lower the mic to his chest and took his lip into his mouth. He turned to me he head fell into my neck and I hugged him and he squeezed me and I held him. And his dads got up and rubbed his back and Antonio and Jayda joined us and we held him and he continued to cry.

"Baby you did so great." I kissed his cheek. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." He lifted his head and I wiped his face carefully and Jayda rubbed his back and he hugged Antonio and kissed me.

The church went into a uproar and they were clapping and yelling.

"Amen!"

"Yes!"

Their dad hugged Jayda snd she wrapped her arms around him and he was speaking to her and she covered her face and nodded.

I found myself crying and Antonio wiped his face.