11

Zhafir Reed

I walked over to the lunch table by myself. I feel like lunch is my break from everybody because by time lunch here I be ready to snap.

I put my head down and someone sat down at the table with me and I smell her everyday scent.

"Wussup Ri'."

"You gone look up and acknowledge my presence?" She mocked me and I looked at up and she held the most beautiful smile. "Better now look me in my eyes when you speak to me." I smiled at her tactics.

"How you doing Ri'?" I greeted her.

"I am doing fine. Yourself?"

Ri'asia POV

I held eye contact with him.

Honestly I have been practicing this for like three days now. I feel like he equates eye contact with strength. 

A sly smile dance on his lips. He looked so good today.

"You look good." I complement him.

"Thank you. You look good yourself. What are you doing? Why you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"What's this fire you got in you today?" I shrugged.

"There is no fire. What you got going on today? Why you all dressed up."

"I dress like this everyday, you just don't pay attention." I laughed.

"Mmm..." I took in a deep breath. "Well you don't-"

"I know what you wear everyday." I shot him a really nigga face. "You had on the same shirt yesterday but I can tell this is a different shirt because the other had a bleach stain on the shoulder that was pissing me off. You had some baggy ass jeans and Levi's and heart earrings and your hair in a messy bun. You had on mascara yesterday too by the way that is actually cute on you."

"Thank you." I laughed softly finally breaking eye contact. "Why do you always sit over here and Not with the rest of us."

"I don't really care for them." He shrugged. "If you wanna go over there go. I am fine."

Yes you are...

"Do you want me to go over there?"

"Do you wanna go over there?" He fired back.

"Do you want me to-"

"No."

Honestly even though we are always on the phone or around each other this is the most that he ever talk to me. I feel like I'm making him warm up to me.

"Well I am not leaving." He nodded and put his head back down and I just pulled out my phone.

One thing that I have learned about him is that he appreciates my company but he doesn't like when I talk a lot.

After like the hardest part about me learning how to interact with him is learning when to shut up. I am used to talking and talking and talking and talking and I feel like he is teaching me how to calm down in a way.