43

Ri'asia POV

"What if she don't like me? You don't think it's-"

"Listen stop. Shut up."

"Shut up is not a nice word."

"Shut up is not a word, it's two and I want you to shut up." Zhafir laughed.

"Leave me alone you are being mean." I let go of his hand and he kissed his teeth.

"I am playing."

"No your not." I walked to the other side of the hallway.

"Camille baby I was playing." He walked over to me and I sped walk and I took off running. "Baby stop playing."

"No." I laughed and kept running through the hospital.

"You are so childish." He laughed. "You run slow as fuck." I squealed as he picked me up and throw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down." I punch him in the back.

"No you don't know how to fucking act." We stepped on the elevator. "Hello, kids right?" He spoke to somebody.

"I am not a kid, Zha stop playing with me."

"Well you are acting like one, running around these white folks like you ain't got a lick of sense." He slapped my butt and we laughed.

"Baby I am sorry."

"You guys are cute."

"Thank you." He spoke.

We walked off the elevator.

"If you are going to carry me all the way there atleast hold my bag."

"I don't hold pookabooks."

"Boy here." I gave it to him and he kissed his teeth and took it. "Thank you baby, I would give you a kiss but you know." I kissed his back multiple times.

We walked in the room and he stop.

"Amerie?" He put me down carefully and helped me get myself together.

"Zhafir?" She asked sarcastically. "You know me when you see me. How have you been?"

"He has been doing very well and yourself?"

"I been doing amazing with my new-"

"That's good." I cut her off. "We don't need the whole story." I felt Zhafir put his arm around my shoulders.

Why the fuck is she still where my shirt?

"Hey grandma." He hugged her.

"Hey baby."

"How you feeling today."

"I just had a treatment and I am tired, just a little weak and sore. Who is this beautiful lady?"

"Hello I am Ri'asia, Zhafir's girlfriend."

"I heard so much about you."

"Good things hopefully."

"Amazing things, you are a really sweet girl." I smiled.

"What's going on here?"

"Well if your friend would've let me explain. I work here now we'll not here. I am temporarily placed here to take care of your grandmom by request." She looked at his grandma and my grandma shrugged. "Plus you know me and your grandma had always been close." 

"Girlfriend."

Zhafir pov

Since when have they been so close.

"Excuse me." She asked.

" girlfriend you said friend. It's girlfriend shows some respect."

" you are the girl that came to his house right?"

" yes, you should remember you have on my shirt." She looked down at the shirt.

"Oh yeah." She laughed and took it off which left her in a tank top. "Here you are, I'm his first love." She shot.

" oh, you're the girl who killed the baby? The one who said she did it to go to school but never even went to school. You ended up homeless and jobless."

"Ou." Was all I could say. "Baby, calm down."

" everything he told me about you doesn't seem like you guys genuinely love each other. It sounded more like lust and ego to me and Honestly you just wanted someone to take care of you right?" She asked and Amerie stood there. " but either way you may have been the first love but I'm the love of his life. The future mother of his kids... His future wife... And his words the head of his family we are two different, you were a phase I am he life partner, I am the real thing. It's funny to me how you keep yourself surrounded by his family members... Is that not a little strange to you. And if this is the only shirt you have you can keep it, I actually have a couple more shirts that you can have."

" I don't need shit from you." She walked up to Ri'asia.

"What? What are you going to do?" Ri'asia gave me her bag. "Stepping to me won't get you shit but fucked up. You think if you fight me he's going to leave me and run to you."

"By the way he was crying in my lap about his problems I know he still loves me."

"You think he loves you, you can't pick and choose with topic triggers your emotions. I mean you did scar him for life so when you start talking about the topic yes maybe he is going to get upset and emotional that does not mean he loves you. Maybe he was just holding onto pain that you caused him so long ago when you betrayed him. Because when we talked about it I know he got upset and he cried. You can't be a safe place when you are the one that's hurting him or the one that hurt him, correction."

Amerie towered her.

"How about we all just calm down? Ri'asia, Amerie isn't here to cause any harm she was just someone that I trust and love and I wanted her to help me." My grandma spoke up. "I apologize I should made sure you guys didn't cross paths." Ri'asia turned to my grandma.

I grabbed Ri'asia and pulled her back and grabbed her face making her look at me.

"Just relax baby, just relax we can go. You hungry?" she rolled her eyes. "What you wanna do? It's all up to you. We can come back another day." I kissed her and she pushed me.

"We can go." She walked out the room.

"We gone go." I said my goodbye TO MY GRANDMA AND ONLY MY GRANDMA.

I got in the car and she was sitting there what her Face frowned up.

"What is it?"

" your grandma wants you with her." I sighed. " we told her we were coming and she still invited her there she ain't no fucking caretaker. My mom was a caretaker and they don't come in regular clothes like they just came from a cookout."

"Baby-"

" baby what? She wants you with that girl so she's gonna keep bringing her around and til you fuck up and you fuck her or some other shit and then we split up cause if that happens we will split, they all got it together. It's all shady that's why she gave her your number in the first place because she wanted you guys together. Whatever y'all had she wanted to kindle because she is used to that girl she has already made her decision to like that girl. She will never like me. she will only deal with me because I am here right now."

" this isn't the way that I wanted you to meet her." She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, she made her decision. I ain't trying to impress nobody especially when they already solid. That was weird as hell, talk about someone I trust and love." She scoffed. "It's cool though as long as she loves you and do right by you I am good. It ain't nothing to be cordial with your grandma because I would never disrespect her, you love her." She pulled out her phone and went quiet.