67

Dana POV

"Dad I mine as well move in with them. You just don't wanna take me furniture shopping but if you let me go by myself..."

" so you can buy a $10,000 couch just to go in your room. No we're not doing that."

" Dad that was one time! I do not wanna live with you. I live far away from everybody and everything. Then you got your girlfriend and you don't never give me no attention." He did a dramatic gasp.

" you are such a brat." He sighed. "I give you all my time."

" when are we going to get my car detailed and wrapped?"

" when are you going to go get your permit? Then your license?"

" I already got my permit Zhafir took me to go get it."

" OK so when you get your license, that is the day that we go get your car wrapped and detailed."

"Dad!" I whined and he sighed. " I am so bored right now. I don't have any friends and you don't want to take me out."

" take you out where?"

" furniture shopping and then I need some new jewelry. Maybe some new clothes. Something."

" anywhere that you can spend my money, right?"

" yes." I said flatly and he laughed.

" you need to get some friends. You and everybody else isn't the same age so you hanging around them is a no."

" I am going to be 18 next year."

" OK and they are all 20 plus."

" you are making me think too much." I flopped back on the couch "this is too much."

" when you had your dude, you were not getting on my nerves like this." He stared and frowned up his face is disgust.

" well, he doesn't want me anymore. Stop making me think about it because I'm gonna go up there- no we are turning a new leaf. We are a new person."

"Good, baby." He clapped and it surprisingly made me feel good. "You growing."

"I am trying, I miss him a little bit." He chuckled. "Just a little."

"Come on we can go furniture shopping." I jumped up and he laughed.

***

"I want this too."

"You want both?" He asked and I nodded. "No."

"Why?"

" Because it makes no sense. First of all I regret coming here before measuring your room."

" well, if it can don't fit, then we can just put it somewhere else in the house. At the end of the day all of this stuff is useful."

My phone started ringing.

I got spooked at the site of Malik's name flashing on my screen.

"Dad." I showed him the phone and he laughed.

"All can sense each other's thoughts." I rolled my eyes "Don't answer the first time. When he call back tell him you're busy." I nodded.

I let it ring.

" if he calls back, he likes you and misses you."

"Or it's something important." He laughed.

" Ain't shit important right now. Zhafir would've been called me." He felt the bed. "This is soft."