85

Zhafir POV

"I always wanted to be a church girl." Dana squealed. "Can I sing there?"

"At the church?" She nodded:

"I used to sing church song and pretend to be a pastor and everything." She sighed. "Me and my old guy bestie."

"Can you sing?" I looked at Asia and she shrugged.

"I believe so." She did a so/so motion.

"Don't get up there and embarrass yourself." Ant laughed. "I am going to laugh."

"Can I please?" She looked at me. "Tomorrow?"

"I'll ask my dad." She squealed.

"I always wanted to do it, I don't care if I sound bad, I just wanna sing for him."

"Who?" Carmen asked.

"Jesus." Dana sipped her tea. "This is a dream come true." I laughed.

It's so cool to me how her and Asia loves Church and the feeling of it. It's like something they craved their whole life. It's so simple but so big to them.

"I have to get church clothes."

"I have a dress you can wear. I have to go to work, I forgot, you can just take it." Carmen shrugged.

"Okay! I am really excited."

"It's church." Carmen laughed. "That shit used to make me miserable."

"I don't know, I just wanna feel the presence of something greater." She shrugged. "I just never experienced it, I always wanted to be in a choir. The way god blesses choir voices is amazing. They sing so well."

Asia pointed to me.

"I was just about to say that too."

"You can sing?" Dana smiled.

"Mhm I can sometimes." I didn't know how to answer.

"He is so humble but his has an amazing voice, it gives me chills and his range is wide." Asia waved me off. "It's beautiful."

"I believe it, he is so soft spoken, people who talk like that can usually sing."

"Well you are loud..." Ant joked.

"That is true but I don't know, if I am bad y'all can laugh but I really wanna do this. Seriously guys." She looked at us for them stop laughing. "Whatever."

"No. You will do it." I spoke up and they stop laughed. "She is asking y'all to take what she is saying seriously." I sighed and she seemed over it.

She get overstimulated very fast and she either takes everything personally or she shut down. She makes her herself feel stupid or feel embarrassed and then she get salty. observing her is so confusing because her energy can switch in the snap of a finger. You can definitely tell that she never really had anyone listen to her when she spoke, or she felt as though her words were overlooked and undermined or brush to the side. Nobody really took her seriously and that maybe because she's the baby of the family.