79

Ri'asia POV

"I can admit that." I sighed and my dad looked at Dana. "I am sorry, I was just upset about the way you were talking to me." Dana looked at me.

"Okay." She shrugged.

"Dana-" my dad dragged.

" everything I say right now she's probably not going to hear it. I've been told her how that shit makes me feel. I'm not gonna say it again, obviously she doesn't give one fuck. I'm not gonna play this little kiss and make up session with her. This shit is fake. I am cool like she said we ain't sisters like that so let's keep it pushing."

" I didn't mean that we were-"

" you say it every time we argue, obviously that's how you feel... So don't sit here and try to play fucking mind games. I'm not for the bullshit. That's how you feel and that's okay, start standing on your shit."

"Dana, I really apologize. When I get upset, I just say the first thing that's going to hurt you. You always hurt my feelings first."

"Okay." Dana shrugged and her phone started ringing and she picked it up. "Hey baby." She got up and walked off.

I sighed.

" she will calm down and come around." My dad smiled softly. " we both know how she is when it comes to family, she is just upset right now which she has every right to be. Every time you get mad at her you can't throw the fact that she's not my biological daughter and her face. That is fucked up. You don't know how shit like that feels because you never had to experience it. I grew up in a house where my mom blame me for my dad leaving. She let my stepdad and my siblings pick with me and bully me. It was times where I couldn't eat at table with them because she felt like I wasn't apart of their family, like I was messing up their perfect family and I didn't deserve to eat with them. I didn't raise you like that for the specific reason. I don't understand where you get that mindset from, at the end of the day she is your sister."

" I know, and I am sorry I was just young and that was the first thing that I thought of. I never mistreated her because of it."

"That is bullshit and we know it is." He frowned up his face. " I don't get why you behave this way with her."

"Dad when we are arguing is only but so much shit I can say to her. I don't know what else to say, she's not ugly and she's not fat. She's not dumb all of those things that she called me. I can't call her those things back."

" she called you fat?"

" no I was just saying, for example, everything that she could say to me I can't say to her. then she started to talk about why you weren't talking to me during my pregnancy. She implied that you found out I wasn't your daughter or something."

"I don't recall, I think she was just upset." He shook his head.

"What do you mean you don't recall?"

"I just don't remember why we were fussing." He shrugged.

" OK dad so I got a therapy session in like 45 minutes. Then I have to go look at the apartment. Malik set up a date tonight so I have other stuff to do. Thank you for this whatever this is." Dana walked back up to the table. " just take me back to their house so I can get ready and get my car."

"Okay."

***

" Eleanor!"

* This is what Antonio calls her because she reminds him of Eleanor from The Chipettes, from Alvin and the chipmunks. Please stop acting like you don't know what he is talking about.*