Hero Helping... Again? (6)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the happy reunion, Grey and Vincent said goodbye to Linus and the other knights who took care of them during their stay.

The Hansferd family got to know Vincent whom Grey refused to part with.

They were reluctant at first because Grey wanted them to adopt Vincent, but in the end, they settled with Vincent becoming Grey's personal butler.

He wasn't the happiest with this arrangement but Vincent preferred this, so Grey could only let it go and do what Vincent wanted. That was the most important. Still, Vincent was his best friend who followed him from world to world...

Hmm, I will be sure to treat him well!

The Hansferd family decided they didn't want to stay in Krenya Kingdom for a second longer, so they made their way back to Tresna Kingdom.

During the few weeks of travel, Grey was pampered by Ren's family while Vincent learned how to be a personal butler with the other personal servants of other family members. He also learned how to train his body to get stronger.

They wanted Vincent to not only be able to take care of most of Grey's day-to-day life but also protect him when needed.

Even if it was a bit difficult, Vincent did his best. He was hard-working and persistent, so no one underestimated him. He learned a lot in those two weeks.

As for Grey, even if he wanted to learn magic and swordsmanship from his family, they urged him to rest for the trip and train when he got home and had adjusted to daily life. He could only comply.

His arrival to Tresna Kingdom was not lowkey at all, especially with the entourage used to pick Grey up.

On the day he arrived in Trese, the capital, everyone knew that the youngest son of the Hansferd family was finally found and brought back.

No one stopped them on their journey to the Hansferd Estate, so it took only about 24 minutes to get there from the Southern gate.

When the beautiful golden gates of the Hansferd Estate opened, a beautiful mansion came into view.

It was a Châteauesque-style mansion with white walls and dark bluish roofs. The mansion was split into three sections, the main building and the east and west buildings. There were also barracks on the property for the Hansferd army.

According to Ren's memories, the place looked the same. It was still dazzling, gallant, but beautiful. It didn't have as many decorations as other noble estates, but everyone knew it housed a Duke's family.

There were many servants that Grey recognized from Ren's memories but a few people were missing, including Ren's personal butler, John.

"Where's John?" Grey asked because it was strange that his personal butler was not there.

"Him? Oh." Duke Hansferd sneered at the thought of him. She had already gotten rid of him years ago but thinking about him and those two other insignificant servants made her want to step on their graves a few times. "He and a couple of others were caught because they helped assist with your kidnapping."

"That's right." General Hansferd nodded. If he knew what his wife was thinking, he would support her fully and even join in. "We have been looking for other candidates to be your personal servant for when you come back, but Vincent came at the perfect time. I hope he will assist you well."

"I understand." Grey didn't ask any other questions. He greeted all the staff who gave him a warm welcome and made his way into the mansion.

His family didn't care for luxury or extravagance, so they got the bare minimum that was required for nobles. The Hansferd family only held a banquet once a year, so not many nobles cared for what the place looked like, they just wanted to gain good connections with them.