Labyrinth (10)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a long silence because no one knew what to say about the Holy Relics that were made from the bones of the Saint and the Fallen God. It made them shudder at the fact that the Gods were capable of doing something so cruel. Then again, these were Gods. Their morality was different from theirs, who were just mortals.

After a while, Grey coughed to get their attention. "Let's not talk about this right now. Let's rest a little longer before heading to the next floor."

Everyone agreed and helped Andrea with everything he needed before heading out.

There was nothing special about the floors between 31 and 34. The monsters were a bit higher level, but for them, it wasn't too bad. There was a dramatic increase in traps though with very few treasure chests.

Lamine was used to finding and disabling traps. She was a quick learner, making Grey, her teacher, quite proud. In time, she would pass him, but for now, the best he could do was give her pointers as she gained experience.

When they reached floor 35, everything seemed normal so they left the stairs and continued down the odd-shaped floor. This time, the floor was just a circle. The ascending staircase was to the north while the descending staircase was to the south. There were rooms in the northwest, southwest, west, southeast, northeast, and finally east.

Grey decided it was best to go east first. Ten steps away from the ascending staircase, the floor began to rumble. It was like an earthquake. Most of the group fell to the ground as they tried to stabilize themselves.

When the shaking stopped, Grey helped Micah and Reyner get off the floor and looked in the direction of the ascending staircase... or what was left of it.

Actually, the staircase was gone. It was nowhere to be found.

Grey grew alarmed and pulled up the map that System 225 had previously scanned. When he looked at it, both the staircases were gone and the rooms were the only ones left.

"I now fully understand why people haven't made it out alive," Grey said as he rubbed his temples. "On floor 30, it said, 'To find the helmet, one must reach out their hand and summon the light. If not, you will be trapped here forever."

"I can only assume that Andrea must use his 'power of light' on this floor, if not, we would be stuck here forever."

Grey was able to quickly deduce the situation, but he had no idea how or where Andrea would use this "power of light."

"I don't know how to use this 'power of light'." Andrea felt aggrieved. When he went on this journey, the only thing he was told was that he was the Hero and he was supposed to defeat the Demon King. Now he didn't even want to battle the Demon King, nonetheless, figure out how to use his "powers."

They all felt that this was deliberate. The Hero not knowing or understanding his own power? Not being able to find most of the Hero's relics? The Gods were making sure that the Hero and the Demon King would suffer together! Most importantly, they made it so that the two could not garner enough strength to fight against them.

"This is too cruel... How are we going to get out of here now?" Felicia couldn't help but ask. She didn't say much after Andrea passed out a couple of days ago. Everyone had gotten used to her not speaking and for some reason, felt it was more normal than her previous behavior. Even Andrea felt that way and he had no idea why...

"Let's not get too hasty with pessimism and scout out the floor. After going through the floor and finding a safe spot, let's have a discussion then." Grey knew there were no monsters on this floor but there were traps and treasure chests. There was even a monster room, so they had to be careful.