To Be King (2)

Edited by: Kuro

Thank you Elysiafaith for giving me ko-fi to post 2 chapters! These chapters are dedicated to you. Thank you again for supporting me and my work :D <3 I also want to thank my new Patreon (don't remember if I thanked them in a chapter, so I'm doing it now!) Thank you everyone for supporting my work ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grey was sitting in the Ministry of Finance; they were people who regulated the money coming in and out of the kingdom. They also had branches of people in charge of the Royal Family's expenditures.

He was staring at a man who sat on the couch in front of him. He was an older man, probably in his 60s or 70s. He looked like he could kick the bucket at any moment. Even so, he was wearing expensive clothing, showing his status and wealth.

He was the head of the Ministry of Finance as well as Consort Ceanna's father, Justin Leanen. The Leanen family were Earl's who had been around almost as long as the Queen's family, Ross, one of the Ducal families in the kingdom. They had been in charge of the kingdom's finances for a very long time.

System 505 and Arisa put a tracker on Earl Justin Leanen just in case the man had important information.

"You want us to set aside some money to fix up the White Lily Mansion?" A scrawny older man with long gray hair and a stubbly beard asked with sarcasm.

The White Lily Mansion was named by King Maverick. He didn't change the name, but it was once known as the mansion where he allowed his favorite consort to live. Ever since she died and Ameer was chased away, it was left to rot. It was like a forgotten and neglected garden.

Grey was wearing a black military suit that was not only basic in style, but also in color. He had his sword at his side, as well as combat boots that went up to his shin. It was tight fitting, so no one needed to guess how strong he was under his clothes.

He was holding a teacup in his hand, slowly sipping his tea as though he was a nobleman who had been born and raised in the capital. He was quite elegant for a military man.

"That's right. I have been called by the Queen to stay in the Royal Castle for an indefinite amount of time. I need a residence to go back to, do I not? Or should I stay in the Crown Prince's residence as it's the only unoccupied area?"

Everyone in the Ministry of Finance was on Consort Ceanna's side.

Grey's inquiry hit on everyone's sore spots. Everyone in the office wanted either the First or Second Prince to ascend the throne, but after so long, King Maverick still hadn't picked a Crown Prince. Even while he was close to his deathbed, he still refused to give power to one of the two Princes.

That was why factions were created to support one of the two Princes. The two oldest Princes had their advantages and disadvantages. People chose sides based on what they needed and what would benefit them the most.

That was why the Crown Prince's castle was left untouched. No one was allowed to live there.

"We will get your residence fixed up right away, Third Prince." Earl Leanen gritted his teeth.

When he saw Prince Ameer leave, he had someone contact his daughter to let her know of the events that took place in their ministry. He knew that she would be livid, but she could only deal with it. It was true that the Crown Prince's residence was the only place left where Prince Ameer could stay if they did not fix the White Lily Mansion.

When Consort Ceanna saw her father's letter, she wanted to rip it apart like it was Ameer's face. But she could only grit her teeth and take deep breaths.