Shadow Guard (10)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take long for the Emperor and Prince Cecil to plan how to rip the mask off of "Prince Levi's" face and show everyone his true colors. They planned the reveal for the holiday that celebrated the founding of the Empire. It was a 5 day-long celebration that had a parade for the first day of the week, then it had a circus and other festival-like activities, a prayer day, a banquet, and finally, the award ceremony of some sort for those who had been loyal to the Empire. It was the day to give gifts to generals or ministers for their dedication.

The last day was also the day they would expose "Prince Levi". They let the man bask in his glory before they would rip that mask on and then step on it.

It took a lot of planning, and consideration on security, but it somehow came together by the beginning of the celebration.

The Princes, Princess Serah (who wasn't of much importance anymore), and the Emperor were the main part of the Founding Holiday, so they came out of the Palace to see the people on the first day. Security was at its highest as it was rare for the Emperor to leave the Palace grounds. He was sitting on a carriage going through the city with his children, waving to the people that had come to witness the parade.

They were sitting in a carriage that had a part of the carriage exposed. They were still under some shade, but most of the walls were gone so that the people could see the Royal Family. The carriage was white, purple, and gold, showing royalty and wealth. There were a bunch of knights and soldiers around them to keep the Emperor and his family safe.

The family of 5 looked as though they were all happy with one another, but no one else could see through their mask besides the Shadow Guards that were guarding them at all times.

The parade was the first time Grey had seen Princess Serah. She looked like the stereotypical blonde hair and blue eyes princess. She was a beautiful lady, but there wasn't anything too unique about her. The description that System 225 had given him made her sound like a 'holy mother' type character, but she seemed like a spoiled brat in his opinion. And with how she treated Blaine? No, thank you.

After staring at her for a bit, Grey brought his gaze back to his handsome husband, Prince Cecil. Ah, fluffy animals and his husband were the only things that made him feel better...

****

"At the parade, there was a period where you stopped staring at me. Who were you staring at?" Prince Cecil asked Number 18 who was in his arms. They were sitting on the couch normally at first but Grey found himself sitting on Prince Cecil's lap after a while.

"You big idiot. I was only staring at your little sister," Grey honestly replied. His husband was getting more and more clingy.

"Why were you staring at my little sister? Do you want to marry her instead?" Prince Cecil felt paranoid. What happens if 18 finds someone else after being bored with him? He didn't want to be tossed aside! "You should know she's already engaged to the Duke."

"Why in the hell would I do that? You better remember this, you are the only person I will ever love. Doesn't matter what world we are in, or who we are. I will always come and find you regardless of whether you remember me or not. Honestly, I should be worried about you cheating on me before I can even get to the world! I still won't get over the fact you had a fiancée while I wasn't there." Grey definitely still held a small grudge. His husband was lucky he was a good and patient man and didn't just directly chop—

System 225, who was being fed dog food, felt that his food was too cheesy and wanted to throw it all up! His Host was learning from God System on the art of cheese making. He didn't want any of it. No, he didn't want to eat it, or see it, or even hear it!