Dystopia (9)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Grey and Cyan were in casual, civilian clothing, Marshal Elio was surrounded by his highest-ranking officers in military clothing. They stood out quite a lot...

"Now that everyone is here, let's start the meeting," Kai said, directing everyone's attention toward the center of the large meeting table.

As for Grey and Cyan, their faces were on the wall behind Marshal Elio who was sitting at the head of the table.

"Valen, a citizen of XU239, living on planet XU003, sent us valuable information about the Seore family. It was much more than we had imagined."

Elio didn't talk and had Kai do most of the talking.

"Last year, after an assassination attempt against the Dawn family, Marshal Dawn has been trying to get, not only the evidence for the attempt but any other incriminating information that could be used against the Seore family in the court of law.

"Now, we have information not only on the attempt but the illegal human experimentation farms that the Seore family has been hiding for over 300 years.

"In the Federation's law, all indigenous people are protected from discrimination and enslavement. In the human experimentation committee, everyone, even indigenous people, is protected from harm.

"The Seore family had not only violated the laws of the Federation but had been breeding people to continue their human farms, allowing scientists to gather data from their inhumane experiments. Not only that, we found they have been using the organs of indigenous folks in the black market organ trade."

Kai took a deep breath before continuing with the information that was given to him by System 225.

"Now that we understand the severity of this situation, we, the soldiers of the First Legion, will team up with Valen and Cyan, citizens of XU239, to liberate all the illegally enslaved indigenous people under the Seore family. Are there any questions before we begin the planning?"

"I have some questions." A man with black hair and brown eyes raised his hand. He had a large build, showing that he was definitely an Alpha. He also had a scar going down the left side of his face, showing that he was a seasoned warrior who had lived through many battles. He looked like he was all muscle and no brain, but since he was a high-ranking officer, he had to be a bit smarter than average.

Elio nodded for the man to speak.

"Thank you, Marshal Dawn. The questions I have are: Can we guarantee that these two citizens are reliable and are not contacting us on orders of the Seore family? From what I can see from the data, we have no information about them. How do we know they are trustworthy? Where did they get all of this information and how do we know it hasn't been tampered with?"

Grey couldn't help but respect this man's caution, so he answered the man's questions.

"I understand your concerns so allow me to elaborate on the situation within XU239 and how I came to get this data. My husband, Cyan, works at the City Hall that controls every aspect of our lives. We are monitored through cameras and microphones, as well as in our electronic devices.

"I have experience in hacking and coding, which is how I am able to contact Marshal Dawn. If you look at his terminal, he's unable to hang up the call. It can only happen on my end."

He couldn't mention System 225, so he had to take System 225's credit. He didn't like to, but in this case, it was needed.

Everyone looked at Elio's terminal and found Grey was telling the truth.