Prince of Acting (7)

Edited by: Kuro, Lille, and Nyxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alec was standing mindlessly in his old apartment. The apartment had 2 rooms and bathrooms. A simple apartment. There were no pictures on the walls; hardly any color in the room except for the sunlight coming in from the window. The only sounds were coming from the moving pictures on the TV. There was a simple black sofa a few feet away from the TV and a brown coffee table in between the two.

The kitchen, which looked like it was barely used, was extremely clean. There was never a dish left in the sink and the smell was as if the kitchen was brand new.

The dinner table was clean but had the same decorations from their move-in. None of the objects were moved from their place.

The carpet didn't have a single stain on it, as if the carpet was just installed.

The master bedroom was spotless. The bed was always made, not a speck of dust around the nightstand or the windows. The drawer had everything in order, in equal spacing, and was symmetrical. The closet was color-coded but then arranged by type and occasion of clothing. The bathroom was so clean you could sit naked on the floor next to the toilet.

Alec found himself standing in the middle of the master bedroom like he was released from his trance. He slowly moved his head around to see the place he had lived in with his ex-husband. Terror rushed through his face as he quickly looked around to find his ex-husband was not at home.

He gave a deep sigh of relief and then saw a slight deviation in the pillows sitting on the bed. He quickly rushed over to fix the pillows. Once everything was in a perfect position, the tension he felt lessened a bit.

Alec thought he got rid of his OCD after he died and met System 225...

"System?"

He waited for an answer but System 225 didn't respond to him.

"System 225?"

The dread was slowly coming back. He died and was stuck jumping from world to world, why was he back in his old apartment?

"Honey, I'm home." A voice interrupted his thoughts. It was his husband, Derick, who had just gotten home from work. His voice was unenthusiastic as always. Derick hated coming home to a house that didn't seem like it was lived in. But what he hated most was his perfect husband.

At first, he thought the man had a beautiful body. To keep someone like him at home was great. But as time went on, the clinging, the possessiveness, and the perfection seeped into his skin. Annoying him half to death, like it was clinging on to his legs. Almost like gum stuck to the bottom of your shoes, hard to get off, and going with you everywhere.

Alec didn't follow Derick or stalk him, he doubted him, much to his right as Derick was no perfect husband, but that doubt annoyed him. Derick just wanted someone to stay at home, to be obedient, to shut up, and to keep the house warm. But that man kept up a fight for years until Derick finally broke him.

His body was no longer beautiful to Derick. Used and old, what he wanted was something new and fresh. To use the same thing over and over again felt disgusting, like wearing a used pair of underwear that hadn't been washed for months.

Derick was confused as to why his husband hadn't welcomed him home yet. Was he asleep? Was he still cleaning? Wasn't he always perfect and on time?

Before he could leave the hallway, he saw his husband come out from inside the master bedroom. His hair was slightly unkempt, unusual to his usual clean and crisp appearance. He looked a little tired but he still tried to smile.