Serial Killer (5)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

Thank you certain Ko-fi Supporter for the ko-fi! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the government agents finally arrived, they took over the entire police station. Caleb was shocked to see so many people raiding their rooms, but luckily, they didn't take over the locker rooms.

Grey and Caleb were called in by the agents, so they were sitting around a conference table. On the screen was a person at their headquarters, probably their technical analyst.

"Mr. Myles, Mr. Caleb, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Agent Freddy, I am the leader of this team." One of the agents introduced himself first. He was a bit shorter than Myles, though he was broader. He had tan skin and no hair on the top of his head, but he somehow had a full beard. He held no emotions on his face while he was introducing himself.

There were four others on his team excluding the individual in the video chat. Every member present was in business casual clothing as if they were working in a company.

The person in the video chat was Agent Ark, the only one in comfortable sweatpants and a hoodie. He was a really skinny man, one who looked like he had never seen the sun or ever slept. He had a head full of black, curly hair. He seemed like a nice person as he always smiled. It was bright and white.

The other agents were Dr. Mia, Agent Yui, Agent Donnie, and Agent Travis. They all had serious looks on their faces like they weren't ones to play games.

It made Caleb really uncomfortable because he was used to Myles joking around here and there. Seeing Myles being serious, made him sit up straighter and more diligent.

Grey could see how stiff Caleb was, but he couldn't really do anything. These people were very rigid and had an oppressive air around them.

"I already looked at the file you all wrote on the case, so let me brief you on ours and how it relates." Agent Freddy pressed a button and various screens of pictures and documents were simultaneously pulled up.

To sum up everything, there had been 10 murders in each of the four cities across the country, not including where they were at. The murders were along a direct path to the city they were in. The agents, upon receiving the reports about the brands and random placements of organs and bones, were able to link all of the crime scenes and the bodies together, making it one of the worst serial killings in the country. For the person to go unnoticed for so long, only made people wonder how powerful and cunning the individual was.

Grey was able to glance at all the locations of the crime scenes/dumpsites and felt his blood run cold. He furrowed his brows as he looked at all the documents. He knew it wasn't a coincidence as the original met up with the killer and his body was never found. How could the original not have noticed it? Was it because he was too detached from his personal life? Or more like he didn't care to make connections between his life and his job? This was probably what killed him.

"Another concerning thing was that with the knowledge of the cameras, we had people check the other sites and none of them showed up besides the ones in this city, so we can deduce that maybe he is targeting someone in this police force specifically."

Agent Yui, a woman in her mid-40s, noticed the look on Myles' face. She was always one to watch people's body expressions and she knew something was bothering him in those documents. "Mr. Myles, is there something bothering you?"

Grey looked up at Agent Yui who he had known was staring at him. He tried to relax his facial muscles but it didn't work, so he just turned away from her and looked over the screen where there were pictures of the victims.