Prince of Acting (9)

Edited by: Kuro, Lille, and Nyxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got to Alec's apartment, Alec was pushed into his room to shower.

Damien was finally able to get to work. He cooked the chicken parmesan, made a large bowl of salad, took out the breadsticks he bought on the way home, and set the table. The bowl of salad sat in the middle of the table for the two to share, and they each had their own plate of pasta. The plate of breadsticks was next to the salad bowl where they could pick as much as they wanted. He even was so kind as to cut the chicken into pieces that Alec could comfortably bite. He also decked out the table to make it a candlelight dinner. There were candles placed around the room, including a few placed on the table that could seat four. The lights were dimmed down so that the candles could be the main source of light.

To finish the perfect dinner set up, he poured two glasses of wine. The two had a high tolerance for alcohol, so a single glass was nothing. They couldn't drink too much as there was work tomorrow. All in all, it was the perfect scene for an at-home dinner date.

When Alec exited the bathroom, he was dumbstruck. He looked around as if he had walked into the wrong room when he saw Damien standing in the dining room nervously.

"Dinner is ready," Damien said awkwardly as he pulled out a chair for Alec.

Alec, confused, slowly walked over and sat down obediently.

At first, he thought that he had walked out of his room and somehow ended up in a hotel or something, but it turns out, the reason Damien pushed him into the shower was so that he could set up the dining room like so.

The two sat down at the table, eating their food but no one said a word. It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. On the inside, Damien was panicking. He was thinking things like, I should've gotten some music playing or will he reject me when I tell him, and so on...

After a while, Alec couldn't handle how awkward it was so he wiped his mouth and put his fork down. "Damien, is there something you need to tell me?"

There wasn't a look of disgust or impatience, just a bit of confusion and worry.

Worried? But why? Damien thought.

"I have something important to tell you... You don't have to reply to me right away, I just want to get it off my chest."

Alec nodded, giving Damien consent to continue. Looking at how the room was, Alec got an idea but he let the man speak. He wasn't dense and he could pick up on hints.

Damien took a sip of wine, for courage, and looked at Alec with a shy look. It was the first time Alec had seen the man blushing, he thought it was strange for a man so handsome to blush but then thought it was also very cute.

"I love you, Alec." His voice was a bit hoarse as he tried not to hesitate. It was the first time the man didn't sound confident. "I know that I am your manager and you are focusing on your career. I just wanted to get this off my chest. If you don't want me as your manager anymore, I will arrange for someone else to take my place, I just-" The man was rambling a bit too much so Alec decided to interrupt.

"Damien, I'm not interested in getting a new manager when you do such a perfect job. You take care of me, pamper me, worry about me, more so than managers should..."

"That's because if I left you alone, you would be eating your favorite easy-to-eat foods all the time." Damien couldn't help but say.

Alec coughed like he choked on his water. Damien was calling him out because he was right.