Artificial Human (3) [Revised]

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

This is 1/3 for the bonus chapters!

From here on out, you are in the revised chapters. Some content has changed and some has stayed the same. Some comments in later chapters will no longer apply to the chapter since I've made changes. Thank you for always supporting me and I hope the new Arc 5 is a better read for everyone! (This is copied and pasted to all platforms and will be in every revised chapter).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Adam 1 was working day and night on the blood samples, he was oblivious to what was going on outside of the capital.

At MI Base, Morgan was listening to the researchers at the weekly meetings. It was in the office building that they had cleaned out. None of the lights were working in the buildings so they had small crystals filled with Light ability. It lasted a few hours and could be cut off to preserve its power. Very convenient.

In the room, there was a large rectangular table but the seats were of different sizes and styles. This was normal in the apocalypse. All they needed were chairs that weren't broken so that they could have a place to sit.

Other than Morgan and Cooper, there were 9 researchers. One of them was missing. It was the leader of the group, the one who kept pressuring the military to go to the capitol building.

"Where's Dr. Linus?" Morgan asked the tired researchers who looked like they haven't showered in days.

After a long pause, an old male researcher spoke up. "We haven't seen him in days. The place he was living in is vacant and there are no signs of him..."

He was the oldest of the members. He wasn't the leader of their research team as he didn't care about those kinds of things, still, he was well respected in the community before the apocalypse happened.

"What? Did he try to go to the capital by himself?" Cooper questioned. He remembered how adamant Dr. Linus was about going to the capital to find something, even stating that he wanted to go with the military.

The only female researcher held her head. "We looked everywhere for him, but we couldn't find him anywhere. No one saw him leave his apartment either." She had a headache from lack of sleep. They spent two days looking for him with only an hour of rest.

"Do you think he would go to the capital? What is even there that he needs to get so desperately?" Morgan didn't know the reason, he was just pushed to raid the capital even though there was a ridiculous amount of zombies there.

All the researchers looked at each other. It seemed all their eyes landed on the oldest researcher. He was unconsciously designated as their new leader until Dr. Linus came back.

"We worked under Dr. Linus to create the most perfect artificial human. The zombies... were the failed results of Adam 1, the artificial human we were able to create before we were all forced to flee the capital. As we speak, Adam 1 is in a nutrient fluid to allow them to grow."

Another scientist gritted his teeth. He didn't like the project but they were being paid and hounded by the higher-ups for results. "Dr. Linus wants to get Adam 1 to control the zombies. You ability users gained your powers from Adam 1, which makes him the strongest weapon of mankind. If we can research him more, we should be able to formulate the vaccine for the Z-virus."

Morgan and Cooper wanted to be skeptical but considering they were living in an apocalypse era with abilities, they couldn't help but believe it.

"I understand... Then we will get ready to go to the capital. We will look for Dr. Linus and Adam 1."