Artificial Human (11)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The zombies outside the base stopped attacking the walls and slowly walked away. Those who were protecting the base were finally able to rest, collapsing to the ground. As much as they wanted to chase all the zombies and kill them, they knew that they were all running on the last of their strength. Even Ability Users needed to rest.

But Morgan could not rest. He wanted to check up on Adam 1 to make sure that the man was safe and sound. He kicked down the gates, with the promise to fix and reinforce them, and ran to Adam 1, who he could feel was in the central plaza.

When he got there, he saw Adam 1 dragging a giant, mutated zombie-looking thing behind him. He had no problems lugging around the 3-meter tall creature, but he definitely wasn't courteous towards it.

Morgan ran over to Adam 1 and brought him into a hug. He needed to feel that Adam 1 was alive. He needed to feel that he was safe and unharmed.

"Were you worried about me?" Adam 1 smiled as he embraced the other man back.

"Of course I was. I know you are very strong, stronger than me, but I can't help but worry if you even get a scratch on your skin."

His God System was still as cheesy as ever.

"Don't worry. Now we are able to travel the world and try new foods."

"You remembered." Morgan loosened his embrace so he could look at Adam 1's face. He could see the love oozing from his eyes, and reflected in those eyes was only him. Like Morgan was the only person in Adam 1's world.

"Of course I remembered. I promised, didn't I?"

It was a heartwarming moment for the two as they ignored everything else around them.

It was fine though. People let them have their moment.

*****

After rebuilding MI base, Morgan, Adam 1, Cooper, Jeremiah, and the three Homo Zoms set out on a journey around the world.

They found other Homo Zoms along the way, expanding their family, and rescuing people in trouble. They traveled across the world with the goal to eradicate all the zombies and to find other Homo Zoms.

Adam 1 had long told humanity of the Homo Zoms and their evolution. At first, people were disturbed, but as they saw how powerful the Homo Zoms were, they couldn't argue. They couldn't even tell them apart except for their speech. Adam 1 had figured out how to train the Homo Zom's vocal cords, so even though they took their time speaking, it wasn't hard to understand what they were saying.

Shockingly enough, as they grew stronger and reached tier 8, their memories of their life started to come back to them. It was as though a shackle had been lifted. They still remembered their time as a Homo Zom but they couldn't remember what life was like as a zombie. This made Adam 1 even more interested in the new species of humans. Well, he knew he had a whole lifetime and more to study them, so he took his time.

Also, when Homo Zoms and Ability Users found out they were able to mate with one another, he completed the main mission of saving humanity.

It was a relief that it wasn't to eradicate all the zombies. He would still do as much as he could though.

Once Adam 1 and his family had gone to every inch of the planet, Morgan's life came to an end. He and a lot of Ability Users had extended life spans. He lived to 257 before finally passing away.

Most Ability Users died around 230, but he was a stubborn man who wanted to stay by Adam 1's side. The regular humans died at 150 and the Homo Zoms lived up to 300 years old. The count of their ages started when they had first turned into a Homo Zom.