Serial Killer (7)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

Thanks again certain Somebody for completing the ko-fi goal. I also want to thank everyone who also chipped in with the goal (the first 50% of this goal) You are all amazing! I love you <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of days had passed and there was breaking news. A paralegal and a lawyer were reported missing. The detectives and government agents were on the case, trying to find out any leads.

In doing so, someone leaked that the two were having an affair. There was some speculation that they had simply run off together.

The heartbroken Mrs. Miller who was searching and hoping for her husband to return home was soon left with her heart shattered. It was the first time she had heard of the affair; somehow, it all made sense to her.

The long business trips, smelling like shampoo when he came home, not wanting to have sex with her. All the dots connected and the tears she had once shed for him did not fall anymore. Her kids, who had seen the phases that she went through, felt cold and distant from the situation their father was in. They were all teenagers and young adults, their father was dead to them at that point.

The police were about to rule the case as a simple elopement, but a letter had arrived at Grey's desk.

He was a bit confused because there was nothing stating who it was from, but it was addressed to him in fine print. It looked like it had been typed on a computer.

He left it on his desk as he stared at it. He slowly put his gloves on and ignored everyone around him who was curious as to what he was doing.

'System, are there any powders in the envelope?'

[Responding to Grey, there isn't. There are no fingerprints on it. How interesting.]

'Thanks.' He noted that he would have to send the letter to the forensics team.

He picked up the letter and opened it. There was a single sheet of copy paper in it, perfectly folded into three. On the page, the words were in Times New Roman font, font size 12, and even double-spaced like an MLA formatted paper.

He read the letter out loud:

"Dear Myles,

"It seems the police may have been led astray when trying to find the paralegal and lawyer. Though they were having an affair, I have indeed kidnapped and killed them, and I have hidden their bodies.

"I want to play a little game with you. Like a treasure hunt. Wouldn't that be fun?

"When I give you the clue to the first location and you find the first body part, you will be given a clue to the next location there and so on. Don't worry, I made this game fun, so they aren't hidden in the same place. Actually, they aren't even in this city.

"Since I promised I would give you a hint, then I will have one at the end of this letter, but for now, please read what I have to say.

"Myles, I am watching you and have always been watching you. One day, we will finally be together. Just you and I, alone in the perfect world that I have made.

"So don't try to run because no matter how far you run, or how hard you try to hide, I will always find you.

"Yours truly,

"Your secret admirer.

"P.S. Your first clue is this, so read carefully:

"There are mountains that could almost reach the heavens. Ah, poor lost soul. Standing by a tree with one foot. How unfortunate they could never see the sun or the moon. The heavens at the summit are still away from where they are. The biggest tree blocks their path, but it protects them from the rain."