Labyrinth (9)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took them two days to get through floor 21. They stayed by the stairway to camp, catch their breaths, and calm their aching muscles.

Once they were ready to go, they made their way through floors 22 to 29. It was quite simple. All they had to do was avoid, then dismantle traps, and battle monsters along the way. The floors weren't too complicated, and they took extra precautions with treasure chests and empty rooms. With Grey guiding them, they never got surrounded or injured by a trap.

When they got to floor 30, it was different from the other floors. It was one large room with stairs to the north and south sides of the room. Along the walls were murals telling a story, but there were no words. In the center, there was a giant monolith reaching the ceiling. There was glowing text on it but it was written in an ancient language.

"Can anyone read this text?" Andrea said as he stared at the giant monolith. His neck was starting to hurt from looking up.

Everyone gathered around the monolith and looked up.

No one knew the language but at least Grey had System 225!

Grey read out System 225's translation: "This is the labyrinth that holds the Holy Relic of the Heroes. There are eight Holy Relics. Each is scattered across the continent. This labyrinth houses the Hero's helmet. To find the helmet, one must reach out their hand and summon the light. If not, you will be trapped here forever."

For Grey, it finally made sense why no one made it out alive if they passed floor 30...

The writing was big so there wasn't a lot written on the monolith.

"The Holy Relics... It is said that the Hero is the only one who has been able to use them. I thought there was only a sword, shield, and breastplate. To think there's more of them..." Andrea mumbled to himself.

When he became a Hero, he was told that the past Heroes found three relics scattered across the continent, but they were extremely hard to find. At a minimum, being able to find one was already a blessing. Being able to find three of the relics made the Hero the strongest in history.

What they didn't tell him was that there were eight Holy Relics of the Heroes. If he found all eight of them, he would be the most powerful Hero in history.

The group decided to use floor 30 as a resting floor. There were no traps or monsters, so it didn't hurt to camp there for the night.

While everyone was resting, Grey decided to take a look at the murals that were painted around the whole room. Luckily, there was nothing along the floor or the ceiling. Grey walked around the room to see where the mural started. Eventually, he saw that it started to the left near the ascending staircase.

On this wall, there was a Hero with a blank face and wearing holy armor. It was hard to tell the gender of the person as those with a Hero occupation could be male or female. It seemed that the person was at the church, getting a blessing from the Gods.

On the next wall, it showed the Hero leaving on a journey and looking for the Holy Relics. There were no clues as to where the other relics were, but the Hero seemed to age bit by bit as they got a new relic. By the end of this wall, the Hero was decked out in full armor with a sword and shield.

On the two walls that had the descending stairs between them, the Hero found comrades that would help him on his journey. It was strange to see that the Hero got the relics first before getting comrades, but this was just a story. Anyway, the Hero's party consisted of the Hero, a tank, an assassin/thief, a mage, a healer, and another sword user. It was similar to the Hero's party right now.