Dystopia (8)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With System 225's help, Grey was finally able to get information on what the outside of XU239 city looked like. It didn't look that different from the inside of the city, but it did have a lot more trees. Also, there weren't any other populations of people for miles. There was only a single long stretch of road that came from XU239 to a spacecraft dock in the far distance.

Unlike the cars of XU239 that hovered slightly above the road, those spacecrafts could leave the planet and travel through space.

This detail made escaping a little bit more complicated, especially since there were hundreds of people living in this city. Packing them all up in spacecrafts would not work well, so his cooperation with the Dawn family had to work...

Well, his Plan B would be taking over the city and all of its resources. He had run a country before, running a city wouldn't be too hard, but this would take some time and people may die in the process.

As for what he needed Cyan to do, it was quite simple yet one of the most important parts of the plan. Without him, he may fail, so they had to be prepared for the worst...

*****

Grey didn't want to live in this dystopian society any longer, so he initiated the plan the day before the weekend came around.

That day, Cyan came to work with a special USB. This USB just needed to be inserted into one of the computers in the City Hall, and then it would be absorbed into the main system.

From there, Grey would be able to bypass the monitoring on his devices, shut off any cameras and mics, and most importantly, get into the interstellar's communication systems. Then, System 225 would be able to set up a communication call with the head of the Dawn family, Elio Dawn.

Cyan, as usual, walked into the building unhindered. He sat at his desk and stealthily put the USB into his computer. He watched the USB get absorbed into his PC unit and disappear completely.

Once the USB was absorbed, System 225 got to work.

The system got everything ready while Cyan and Grey were at work. To avoid alerting anyone, Cyan and Grey went through their day without deviating from the norm.

When they got home, System 225 changed the monitoring devices in their home to play a day-to-day loop of their home. They didn't need to worry about anyone noticing something off about them.

The two didn't change out of their clothes but sat on the couch in front of the holographic TV that was going to be used as their communication screen. The TV could be used to connect to the interstellar network, allowing them to see everything that was happening in the interstellar world.

"Initiate forced communication with Marshal Elio Dawn."

[Understood, connecting to Marshal Elio Dawn's terminal in 3... 2... 1... complete. Call successful.]

On the TV, Marshal Elio's face popped up. Luckily, he was in his office and not in a meeting or at the training grounds.

There was no look of shock on his face, but he was expressionless and cold.

"Connecting to my terminal and disabling the end call button, you have gone to great lengths to see me."

Marshal Elio looked to the side to signal Kai from interfering. He did, however, order him to figure out how this was possible and where these people were calling him from.

"I apologize for doing this, Marshal Dawn, but this is the only way we will be able to contact you since you will not be able to contact us at the moment." He would need to take over XU239 before anyone could contact the outside world and vice versa.