Spirit Investigator (11)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Emery left this world, Grey and Nora somehow found their way back into the city and to their homes. They went to their respective homes as Grey knew that Nora needed some time to grieve for her best friend.

In the meantime, Grey assimilated into his life as "Emery." He met up with Nora and Shamir, who was recovering quite well and somehow graduated with a bachelor's degree. He even gave himself the middle name, Grey, so that Nora and Shamir could still call him that name. Even so, he kept Emery's name so that he would remember his friend even after he had died.

On some other news, Shamir had unlocked his "third eye" and was able to see spirits even after he had woken up from his coma. It made him join the Spiritual Light Agency along with Grey and Nora. He was quite powerful though, as expected of God System. He unlocked a Seer ability. He wasn't able to see the future, but he was able to see the past. All he needed to do was put his spiritual energy into a beloved object of the dead or something significant to the dead, and see the life that they lived and how they died. He could also walk into a building, close his eyes, and focus on the spirit energies of the area to see what had happened on the land.

He was an important asset to the Spirit Light Agency but he was also an IT CEO, so he was more of an honorary member who did missions with Nora and Grey when he had the time.

.

.

.

.

.

"I'm at the site right now, Grey, but are you sure this is where I am supposed to be?" Shamir asked on the phone as he walked around a large mansion in a neighboring town. The mansion looked as though the people hadn't finished moving in. There were still boxes on the ground in different locations of the house, old furniture that was covered by white clothes, and a layer of dust on some of the tables.

He was in the area for work at first, but Grey had asked for his help. It was nighttime, but it was the perfect time to come over as it was when the spirits were the most active. As for Nora, she was talking with the people who had bought the mansion but had run to a hotel a month after moving in.

Grey was there by himself but when he heard that Shamir was in town, he asked the man to come over to help him out.

"Yeah, I'm on the second floor right now. I will meet you at the entrance."

As Grey said that, a figure in a white outfit moved down the hall on the second floor. They could be seen from the entrance because there was a set of stairs as soon as you walked in as well as the railing. The moving figure did not stop to look at Shamir as it left his sight.

Shamir was stunned for a moment but didn't move as he knew it was best to wait for Grey.

Seconds later, Grey walked from where the white figure had left. He saw the figure but ignored it as it didn't even stop to talk to him.

"Shamir, come on up! There's a master bedroom down this hall. I just saw the white figure walking into that room."

"Ah, it seems I still can't get used to seeing these spirits." He walked up the stairs to meet up with Grey who was standing by the railing. He wasn't leaning on it just in case something decides to push him... It was dangerous being in the Spiritual Light Agency.

Grey chuckled. "No worries, with time, you will get used to it."

The original Emery had been seeing spirits since his parents had died in a car accident, so he was used to it. As for Grey, he had even been an evil spirit at one point! This was nothing to him.