Hero Helping... Again? (10)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The air in the Demon Continent was heavy and dry, making it hard for everyone to breathe. To combat this, Grey gave everyone clean and damp towels to cover their mouths and noses. It helped a little bit but everyone felt like their eyes were drying out. Luckily, there was an eye drop medication that helped with this. Grey had prepared plenty of them for emergencies and it proved to be good foresight because it came in handy.

According to the Heroes who came before them, it would take two weeks to reach the mountain. Especially because there were so many monsters and demons lurking around. They had to take frequent breaks to make sure everyone was well-rested for the fight with the Demon King.

Much to Grey's displeasure, System 225 stated that they only were halfway there.

However, everyone was already exhausted.

"There are so many demons now," Evelyn complained as she finally killed off the last one for the time being.

Even Grey and Azul felt a bit tired of the endless waves of demons that were targeting them.

Faylan, someone who was born and raised in the forest, groaned as she leaned up against Aeneas, "I want to go back to the forest when we are done and recuperate for the next 100 years."

Elves were long-lived species that could live up to 1000 years. She was only 126 so staying in the forest for another 100 years would be like 10 years for humans.

Aeneas, the one with the least amount of stamina, also wanted to relax at a church and never leave. Who knew assisting the Hero would be so tiring? He couldn't even say a word and just nodded in agreement.

Azul sat down on a random rock that was conveniently placed and said, "I think this is a good place to rest."

The area had a big open space to the left but a large cliff to the right.

Grey joined Azul on the rock and laid his head on the other's shoulder, closing his eyes to catch his breath. He used up a lot of magic power the past week and took every chance he got to recharge. Even his fairy familiars were tired.

Everyone knew that Grey and Azul were engaged so no one batted an eye at them.

Vincent was the only one who didn't rest and began setting up a campfire to cook some food. He was the designated cook because his food tasted the best.

After a while, Grey and Azul got up to set up the tents for them to rest for the night. Actually, they couldn't tell night from day in the Demon Continent, so they were just going to rest since they felt tired.

When the food and tents were all set up and done, everyone sat around the campfire with a bowl in their hands. They made sure to get foods that would taste good in a simple dish. It was a hardy soup with lots of vegetables, meats, and rice.

"I'm grateful we can eat cooked food on this journey. I thought we would be stuck with dried foods... Really hate those things because they are too salty." Evelyn blew on her spoon to help the soup cool down and then took a bite. It was delicious and perfectly seasoned.

Everyone agreed with her on that one. Being able to eat good food and rest on a tough journey made it easier and less stressful. This made sure that everyone was at the top of their game.

Faylan was the first to finish her food. She gazed up at the sky as if to search for a single star. When she lived in the forest, her favorite thing to do was look up at the stars and bask in the moonlight on the tree tops. Now, there were no stars in the sky. There weren't even any trees for her to climb because the ones in the Demon Continent crumbled to ashes with just the slightest touch.