Artificial Human (10) [Revised]

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

Also, thank you, Nikki, for giving me a ko-fi and supporting my novel! It means the world to me :D

You are reading the revised chapter. Some content has changed and some has stayed the same. Some comments in later chapters will no longer apply to the chapter since I've made changes. Thank you for always supporting me and I hope the new Arc 5 is a better read for everyone! (This is copied and pasted to all platforms and will be in every chapter).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As time went by, people started to notice their loved ones going missing and the increase in mutated creatures. There were tens of thousands of people in the base, so it wasn't too surprising that it took them a long time to notice.

People from all across the country flocked to this base that was considered a safe haven. The most powerful Ability Users were there, so most people thought it was safe.

Unfortunately, because zombies were attracted to heat and sound, all the zombies started to migrate toward that base, leaving them busier than ever.

If Adam 1 stopped all the zombies from attacking them, the Ability Users and the Homo Zoms would not be able to level up, so he let them attack. He also felt this was a good way to free as many trapped souls as possible and have other people help out with his workload. He always had to remind himself that he couldn't save everyone on his own, but if he could save at least a few, that was good enough for humanity.

"There are more zombies lately." Cooper, who was carrying all the supplies as well as the zombie cores, was tired from the constant waves of zombies. He did help by using his gun when the situation called for it, but he was always picking up the cores and moving the dead bodies. There were so many and he was only one person.

"There's a few more rounds left." Morgan sighed as the metal weapon he created pierced through another zombie's head. "Cooper, why don't we have Jeremiah help you out?"

Jeremiah, who was exhausted from the waves of zombies, was more than happy to help Cooper out. Jeremiah was in charge of getting zombie cores and getting rid of the bodies, and Cooper put them in his storage. They made a great team, clearing the area up so the other members had more room to fight.

They continued to fight for another hour before everyone felt there was something wrong.

[Host...]

Before he could say anything, Morgan interrupted Adam 1's train of thought.

"Why are these zombies trying to run past us?" Morgan looked into the distance with confusion. It was like these zombies had no idea they were here at this point and were blindly running to the base. It wasn't like this before when they started to kill.

Adam 1 tried to tap into the minds of all the zombies around him, but he felt like the connection was being interrupted by something. It was the first time this had ever happened to him.

'System, what's going on?'

[I am getting a weird signal coming from the research building at the MI Base. It seems to be calling all the zombies to attack the base.]

'A weird signal... Could this possibly be Dr. Linus? He has already figured out how to control zombies?'

[It seems so. Why would he want to control the zombies to attack the base? Is he trying to kill everyone?]

'That's a good question. I am going back to base. I have a bad feeling about what's going on over there.'

"Shit, we need to go back." Adam 1 killed the last zombie and urged the Homo Zoms in his mind to come with him.