Prince of Acting (2)

Edited by: Kuro, Lille, Nyxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alec was playing the villain in the TV show Everlasting Bloom. His character was Vincent von Algor. Vincent was cold, calculating, and manipulative, but purpose-driven.

The scene he was acting out was in Vincent's office. The set builders designed the room in a baroque style but there wasn't a lot of furniture so the room seemed a bit odd. It was extravagant enough to see that Vincent was a noble, but plain enough to know that he was poor. With the minimal amount of furniture in the room, people could guess that Vincent had sold a lot of his belongings, only keeping the essential pieces of furniture. The walls were made of carved wood, and the floors had white marble tiles. There was a large window behind the desk.

The director shouted for the crew to get in their place. Alec sat at the desk and was given a cup of tea. The cameras began rolling at the director's cue.

.

.

.

.

.

He was drinking tea at the sleek, ebony desk. His back was straight, up against the back of the wooden chair, with his legs crossed and his cup of tea held near his nose so he could appreciate its aroma. The white teacup was made of porcelain with blue roses trailing along the rim of the cup, while the handle was made of gold. He looked relaxed, but the scene in front of his desk was nowhere near peaceful.

A servant was being brutally punished in front of him. His back was whipped 20 times. Blood dripped on the white marble floor, staining its shine. But even so, Vincent did not wince at the terrible sight, horrific sounds, or bloody smell. He leisurely drank tea and watched as if it was part of his daily routine.

After the whipping, the servant was hunched over on the ground, almost lifeless. His flesh looked as if it were peeling off his back, the blood pooled underneath him. Anyone looking at the scene would shudder at the gruesome sight on the young man's back.

"It's such a shame that a good servant was nothing but a spy." Vincent's deep voice echoed throughout the room. His voice was void of emotions, showing that he didn't care at all. Some could say he even enjoyed the scene in front of him.

The servant, still in pain, shuddered at the man's voice. It was more painful to hear this man's voice than being whipped. It was like his voice was coated in poison, and the listener was only meant to slowly die.

"If you tell me who your Master is, I will let you have a painless death..." His tone seemed forgiving and merciful, but it also implied that either way, the servant was going to die.

When the servant looked up, he saw the man's face that was vacant of any emotions, but his eyes seemed cold and cruel.

The servant trembled, almost biting his tongue off, but his leg was kicked, sending ripples of pain throughout his body. He didn't say a word, but his eyes said loyalty and determination.

"Take good care of my dear servant here."

"Understood!" The guards who were whipping and holding the servant down dragged the limp man out of the room. The man held his head down, gritting his teeth and trying to hold his ground for what was to come.

The camera panned over to Vincent who was relaxing at the desk. He was currently munching on cookies. Contrary to his cold looks, seeing him gracefully eating a cookie was an odd sight with the blood in front of him. Even though the sunlight that shined through the window gave an almost warm feeling, his frigid aura leaked out, making the room cold and dark. He smiled as he watched the servant being dragged out. His face showed absolute madness. It was almost as if he knew this would be the outcome and was all for it.