To Be King (12)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

This is the first chapter of the extras bought by Sakuradahl. Thank you so much for completing the Kofi goal (by yourself. we stan you) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of the nobles fled the castle. Duke Ross and Earl Leanen had their men protecting them, the Queen, Consort Ceanna, and the two older princes. Somehow, he had brought over 30 people with him. It could be said that they were hiding in the shadows of the castle, ready to come out.

As for Grey, he had already told Noah to bring his soldiers to the castle. A hundred soldiers surrounded the castle while 40 of them were inside the castle. Among the soldiers inside the castle, 20 were in the throne room.

"After murdering His Majesty, do you think I will let you all get away?" Grey said as he pulled out his sword.

He and Ameer were veterans on the battlefield. He had to make sure that he would make it out alive with Dean!

Dean put his hand on Grey's shoulder and smiled. "Let me handle this."

Grey looked at Dean and then nodded. He stepped back but didn't let go of his sword. One wrong move and Grey would cut down anyone who dared to threaten him or Dean.

"Duke Ross, Earl Leanen, we understand you want to protect your children, but both Queen Meredith and Consort Ceanna committed the worst crimes against the Royal family. They must be punished for their wrongdoings."

Dean continued, "How about this: if you give up Consort Ceanna and Queen Meredith, all other family members will not be punished to death. Doesn't that sound like a good deal?"

According to the laws of the Euluxos Kingdom, the punishment for killing a member of the Royal family was the death of the perpetrator and all of their immediate and extended families. Anyone with the last name of the perpetrator would not be spared. This included members of the Royal family who murdered their family members. Tyrants were a different story though as they never followed those laws and had the ability to change them.

Duke Ross, an old man in his 70s, scuffed hearing Dean. "Prime Minister Glemont. This is a matter between members of the Royal family. Will you be going against the Glemont tradition and interfering with the matters of succession?"

"Going against tradition? My ancestors would be proud that I am standing on the side of the Crown Prince appointed by His Majesty. With the death of His Majesty, the only person the Glemont family can back is the Crown Prince."

This made sense, but it still made Duke Ross irritated with his meddling.

Queen Meredith sneered. "Even if His Majesty appointed Ameer as Crown Prince, I have not approved of it! Is my word as the Queen not enough? With the death of His Majesty, I should be the one who has the most say, is that not right?"

She was hiding behind her father, but she was still brazen enough to act like she was superior.

Grey laughed. "So now you want to pick up your duties as Queen when you had always left it to others? How convenient. Either way, you are still a criminal. Who in their right minds would want to listen to the person who conspired with others to kill His Majesty, your husband?"

"You! How dare you speak to me that way?!"

"Enough!" Grey shouted because he was tired of hearing her talk.

He wanted to get this over with, but his main mission was to become a righteous king. A tyrant king would murder the other side with no regard for human life. If he failed the mission, he would have to do another A-rank world.