Shadow Guard (1)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Host returned to the System Space and contemplated a lot about what had happened in the previous world. He felt the sadness of being separated from God System, but this time, the feeling wasn't that strong as he knew he would meet the man again.

"System 225, did you do research on the Villain System while I was in the previous world?" The Host, who now wants to go by Grey when he was here, walked over to System 225 who was having tea.

There were four chairs, two of which were empty, so Grey picked the seat across from System 225.

[Host... I mean Grey, there was a virus that was trying to attach itself to us at first, but since it was unsuccessful, it has begun to follow us from world to world. I will do my best to get rid of it. It's also the thing that is causing your nightmares...]

System 225 didn't know why, but he felt that calling the Host "Grey" was fitting. Even though he was used to calling his Host, Grey felt more... intimate, like a friendship. They were comrades, it would be alienating if he kept calling Grey by "Host."

"I see, thank you for letting me know."

The Villain System was conscious of them and trying to get rid of them. Luckily, System 225 had analyzed the Villain System during its time in captivity. He had no problems blocking the Villain System from the System Space, but it was hard to block it when it was infecting the worlds they were in...

"Oh yeah, how is Arisa and System 505 doing?"

[Arisa is currently doing an E-ranked world. She wanted to give it a shot. I have allowed them to do worlds D-ranked and below, but they may just stick to F and E-ranked worlds.]

"Oh, what kind of world is she in?"

[It's one filled with magic. She's currently changing the fate of a Villainess in a world based on an Otome game...]

"That sounds like fun."

[Yes, she also has to prevent the female protagonist from getting a harem.]

"Seems she has a lot of work cut out for her. Tell System 505 that I'm cheering them on. Also, let Arisa know that I will go by Grey from now on."

[Understood, Grey.]

Grey and System 225 talked for a while. Usually, Grey would lay on the ground in depression, but this time, his heart felt a bit lighter. He just wanted to talk with System 225 to help him sort out his thoughts before starting the next world.

The next world was a C-ranked world. He knew that the difficulty would exponentially increase from here on out. The worlds before this were like walks in the park. They didn't have a lot of dangers and if they did, were easily solvable.

He had never been in a C-ranked world so he didn't know how difficult they were. He would have to go in and find out for himself...

"Alright System, I am ready to go into the next world."

System 225 put his teacup down. He took out the small UniOrb used for transfers and put it on the table. [Understood, Grey.]

Grey put his hand on the small UniOrb and closed his eyes.

[Transferring in 3... 2... 1... Transfer complete. Good luck on your endeavors, Grey.]

*****

Grey regained his consciousness and found himself sitting across from a man. The man was sitting at a desk, hands folded, looking at him and chatting one-sidedly. It was a bit peculiar to see someone wearing a black skin-tight bodysuit, metal armor covering his vitals, and a mask that covered his face.