Shadow Guard (7)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

Also, go read Lille's story called Baby Mama. It's on CG, Tapas, and some other sites. It's super cute :D <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grey, Prince Cecil, and Blaine were sitting in Prince Cecil's office waiting for Prince Zachary to arrive. They were sitting around the small coffee table that sat in the middle of his office. There were two couches on the longer sides of the table. Grey and Prince Cecil shared a couch while Blaine sat by himself.

Blaine looked over at the two nervously and he couldn't help but rub his hands on his knees. How could he have known that his savior and his superior/role model were well acquainted with one another?!

"Why is he here with us?" Prince Cecil sulked as he looked at Blaine who was confused as to why he was there as well.

Blaine did say that he would repay his savior for everything he had done for his family, but how did he know the Knight Commander?! He also knew Prince Zachary! Just who in the world was Number 18?

"Master, stop sulking. Sir Blaine is here to help us as I had someone check the number of bandits hired. There are around 30 of them. I don't have doubts that we would be able to kill them all ourselves but to cover more ground and make it easier, having Sir Blaine would make the job done quicker. As we Shadow Guards say, the quicker, the better."

Though this mostly applied to killing.

Prince Cecil looked over at Sir Blaine, jealousy laced his eyes that he didn't even bother to hide. "You better not hold us back or I may reconsider your position as Knight Captain."

"Ye-yes, Knight Commander, Sir! I will do all that I can to keep up with you, Sir!" Blaine was startled out of his mind. If he messed up it was the end of his whole career...

Grey looked over at Prince Cecil and saw his overly satisfied expression. He considered re-educating his Master.

When Prince Zachary arrived, Blaine got off the seat and went behind Prince Cecil and Grey. Prince Cecil went over the details of the letter. He even let his little brother read it.

"Brother, I do not understand... Why would our Eldest Brother want to kill me? I do not want the throne nor do I care about being a Prince. I just want to live my life as a painter..."

Prince Zachary was sitting in front of Prince Cecil, brows furrowed. His cute face was in distress for the first time in his life as he couldn't understand why he was being targeted when he had already renounced his rights to the throne.

"It seems Eldest Brother is paranoid. He wants to eliminate those who pose a threat regardless of their standing." Prince Cecil sighed, his cold face seemed a bit more gentle in front of his younger brother.

The two got along pretty well. They were closer in age, so it was a bit easier to bond with each other. They also didn't understand why their Eldest was so obsessed with the throne, so they relied on each other from time to time when the Eldest schemed against them, well mostly schemed against Prince Cecil.

"How did you even find this letter?"

"My Shadow Guard was given a tip when I was being targeted on the campaign."

Even though Grey said that, that was a lie... He needed a reason and that was all he could think of at that moment. At least it worked. His lover hadn't gained all of his memories. If he talked about the System and the Commander Center, it would be counterproductive, maybe even life-threatening. God System's soul was not ready for that kind of information.

"Okay, that makes sense. So why is Sir Blaine here?" Prince Zachary looked over at Blaine who was standing respectfully behind Prince Cecil. He had known Blaine through Prince Cecil and Prince Levi, but he wasn't very familiar with Blaine. Blaine was even older than Cecil, and a year older than Prince Levi.