Spirit Prince (3)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day after Fel rescued the two kids, chaos ensued on the estate. Earl Rottrett's servants knelt down, foreheads to the floor. Everyone held their breath, afraid of making any sounds as the Earl's footsteps echoed throughout the main hall of the mansion. What was once a beautiful, gold-decorated hall, was now cold and desolate. Not that there weren't any people, but each person felt as though they were all isolated from one another as they listened to the footsteps of their Master.

"Who were the ones responsible for putting the slave collars on the two children?" His voice was eerily calm, plaguing the ears of all the servants.

The Madam of the house was nowhere to be found as she had taken her child, shielding them from the atrocities that were about to be committed. She had no strength to stop him, so she could only protect her baby.

The head butler, who was standing behind the Earl, looked over at two young men who were in charge of bringing in slaves. "Those two over there were the ones assigned." If no one was going to say anything, he would. At least he could save his skin.

The two guards that were pointed out went stiff. Their body started to shake unconsciously, trying to figure out what to say, but what could they say? They were sure that they double-checked the collars, locked them up, and ensured they could not escape. Not only were the collars on the ground, but the door was locked and there were no signs of the kids. What could they even say in this situation when they knew they were going to get killed?

The Earl stopped in front of the two guards, who realized that all the other servants had gotten up and dispersed elsewhere. They were all still in the main hall, just not anywhere near the two guards.

"Do you have anything to say before you die?"

"Master, please have mercy on us!" The first guard almost bit down on his tongue.

The second guard nodded, his head still to the ground. "We made sure that the collars were on. Please have mercy!"

"Drag them out." Earl Rottrett made the gesture to cut their necks off at the head butler and continued, "Assign new guards. We can't have incompetent people handling my goods."

"Master, please have mercy!"

"Master, we beg of you!"

Their screams resounded throughout the main hall but no one stepped forward to help them. They were mercilessly dragged out by their legs, the screams plaguing the mind of the other servants.

"Increase the number of guards, we can't have my merchandise disappearing anymore than they already have."

"Yes, Master!" Everyone said, dripping with cold sweat as they knew any more mistakes meant their life.

******

A week later, Fel heard System 225's *Chirp, chirp.*

[Emergency Mission: Help Serena escape tonight.

[This mission is mandatory. If you fail it, you will fail this world.]

'Eh? Serena? Emergency Mission? This is new.' Fel sat up on the rag called his bed.

[Actually, she was supposed to get kidnapped next week, but after saving the two kids, he couldn't wait any longer and kidnapped Serena haphazardly. Serena being brutally murdered is what sparked Earl Rottrett's economic downfall. What's more, Serena's servant has made it to the estate and is looking for a way to get inside to save their Lady.]

'She must be important for the servant to already be here.'

[She's the Archduke's daughter. It's no surprise they were able to track her here.]