Serial Killer (10)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as Grey predicted, there were 25 body parts. The reason why it was an odd number was that they found one of Brittany's lungs and one of Mr. Miller's lungs together. It formed a heart shape when they took it out of the ground. Quite disgusting.

The heads were the last to be found, signifying the end of their treasure hunt. Especially the snowflakes on their foreheads. Putting the body parts together, everyone could see how precise and meticulous the killer was. Even the way he made the snowflakes was almost identical to the others. The only difference was the size, but other than that, it was completely symmetrical like he used a machine to make the tattoo.

When they looked at the map to see where all the parts were hidden, Myles' name was spelled out on the map. It made everyone want to shiver in disgust. Only Dr. Mia felt like it would be romantic if it wasn't body parts they had to find...

Again, she was weird.

A couple of days after they finished the treasure hunt, Grey received another letter. This time, it came to his apartment door. It was unfortunate that the moment he arrived home, he would have to see another letter from the killer.

He took out some gloves that he always kept in his pocket and opened it.

There wasn't much in the letter.

I told you that you are only mine. You should've heeded my warning.

And that was it. Even though there wasn't much, it still made him feel anxious. Like something horribly wrong was going to happen.

It was still early morning, but his plans to catch up on sleep were thrown out the window. He put the letter into a plastic bag and then got himself ready. He cleaned himself up, changed his contacts, and then rushed out the door with the letter in his hand.

When he arrived at the police station, Caleb and the Agents were standing around Dr. Hendrick. Dr. Hendrick looked a bit tired and worn out. Everyone could see he was worried.

Everyone's eyes lit up when they saw Grey.

"Myles, we were just about to call you," Caleb exclaimed as he walked over. He saw Myles holding a Ziploc bag. "Is that another letter?"

Grey nodded. "Yeah. When I got home, I found it in front of my door. I came here as soon as I finished changing my clothes and stuff. Why were you all waiting for me?"

Dr. Hendrick pulled on Grey's sleeve like a lost puppy. "Myles, you have to be honest with me, did you see Dr. Reynolds yesterday?"

Hearing his name being called by the doc he always joked around with, he knew something seriously wrong happened.

"Last night, I had dinner with Dr. Reynolds. I dropped him off at home and then I went back to the station to finish my report. When I finished this morning, I went back home and found this letter. Did something happen to Dr. Reynolds?"

"Crap. I told Dr. Reynolds to come in this morning to help me finish up the reports and put the bodies back together, but he never showed up. I called him many times, but none of it went through. I also tried texting him but there was no reply. I heard you two went out for dinner, so I thought maybe he spent the night together with you and he just forgot, or something..." Dr. Hendrick was pacing as he spoke. He was so worried that he wanted to bite his nails, but that was a habit he had gotten rid of a long time ago. He didn't want to start again.

Hearing that, Grey's heart couldn't stop beating a mile a minute. He felt like his whole world was sinking in.

He quickly took out the letter and opened it. He looked at it but there was nothing else in the letter unless...