Spirit Investigator (2)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

And this is the last of the sponsored chapters! Thank you again for all the support :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

System 225 was the first to get out of his stupor. [*Chirp...* Host, there's no indication that I must eject you, so you have to somehow get through this situation.]

'Understood.' The Host replied before giving a sigh out loud.

"Nora, Emery, we need to talk." The Host said as though he was not in Emery's body.

"Why... Who are you and why are you in my body?!" The original Emery finally shouted.

The Host, who heard him, looked over at Nora but she didn't seem to hear anything the original said. He looked back at Emery and gave a sigh of relief. At least he was able to communicate with Emery with no problems.

"Emery, I know this situation is very confusing but let's sit down and talk, okay? I will explain everything and what I know about this situation."

The original Emery, who was still floating, was pacing back and forth in his room, biting on his nails, something he hadn't done in a long time. He nodded, but he was still pacing. The Host could only calm Nora down and let her sit down on Emery's bed. The Host grabbed the chair at his desk and tried to think about where he could start.

Nora, who was looking at the pacing Emery and then back at the person in Emery's body, felt like she was hallucinating and needed to go back to sleep. If she slept and woke up, everything would go back to "normal" was how she felt.

"Emery, come here and hold my hand," The Host said as he held out his hand. "Watching you pace around is making me anxious."

Emery stopped pacing and looked over at his own hand that was calling out to him. He slowly floated over and held the Host's hand. For the first time since waking up, he could finally hold on to something and felt warmth seeping into his palm. It made him relax a bit.

"I... I'm sorry." Emery said as he looked dejected, but he was much calmer.

Nora went to grab Emery, the original's hand, but her hand slipped right through. She didn't mind that but she confirmed the Host's theory. "I can hear you now, Emery. I can hear you!" She seemed excited but also relieved.

"Really?! Thank goodness, I was trying to talk to you this whole time but you couldn't hear me!"

Emery and Nora began talking about all that they were trying to talk about when this whole situation first started, leaving the Host with nothing to do. The Host felt a little left out but he let them talk until they remembered his existence. He decided to talk with System 225 instead.

'System, I think I understand the situation now.'

[I think I understand as well. I knew there would be more problems as we advanced worlds, but this took the cherry on top from what we have seen thus far.] System 225 was expressing his opinion but he seemed to have set up a flag without even realizing it.

After confirming Emery's safety, Nora snapped back and remembered the real issue at hand.

"Ah, yes! To the person inside Emery's body, you must explain what you know and what's going on."

When he was finally remembered, the Host zoned back in and felt Emery and Nora staring at him.

"I understand, so stop looking at me like I'm some sort of demon." The Host rubbed his temples with his free hand. He already had a headache.

The two best friends stopped glaring at the Host, and waited for him to say something.

"You know how Nora and you help spirits move on," He looked over at Emery as he said this, "I do something a little similar, but on a larger scale. I'm not from this world and I go from world to world helping poor souls heal so that they can reincarnate once more."