Labyrinth (7)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

Also, thank you Dreamy for the kofi!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to System 225, it took them three days to reach the staircase. After three days of running, no one wanted to run ever again. Even Grey was sick and tired of running for his life.

They sat at the staircase and watched the giant stone spheres go past them and then fall into a giant hole. There were no sounds of the stone hitting the floor or anything like that. It was like it was going into an abyss, never to be seen or heard from ever again.

"What a scary labyrinth this is..." Genji said while he saw another stone ball fall into the hole. He had been to a lot of labyrinths, but this was the first one he felt an actual threat from. He wondered what in the world was going on in this "beginner" labyrinth.

"Luckily, we made it out of this floor alive. I really thought we were going to die," Andrea said, massaging his legs. He didn't even want to think about going up these horrid stairs with his legs throbbing and burning.

Grey couldn't help but agree. Getting these kiddos out of this labyrinth took 20 years off his lifespan. He had to worry about monsters, traps, giant stone balls, and possibly dying from running to their deaths.

If he knew he had to do this, he would have gone straight to the bottom floor and figured out the secrets of the labyrinth even if it meant someone would die. Well, it would be a pain to protect them but it was better than running!

After resting on the staircase, the group finally made their way up the stairs. Even if they felt as if their legs were like jelly, it was better than being constantly reminded of the fact they had to run away from the giant stone balls.

When they arrived on the next floor, they saw a crystal ball by the entrance of the stairs.

Andrea, Lamine, and Genji gave cheers of joy. They limped their way to the teleport crystal. They were so happy, they felt like crying.

"Let's get the fuck out of here!" Genji shouted and put his hand on the crystal orb. His body disappeared from the labyrinth but his voice echoed throughout the hall.

One by one, they all left. Grey was the last one to leave.

When Grey opened his eyes, he saw his party members sitting nearby. They looked like they had just returned after going through a grave war and were refusing to get up. Even Reyner looked exhausted and was ready to fall asleep against the walls of the cave.

When he came to, Grey heard System 225. [Congratulations on completing the Main Mission: Successfully make it out of the Labyrinth. You also completed the Side Mission: Do not lose a single party member. You have one more side mission to complete. Congratulations and good luck on the last mission, Grey.]

'Thank you, System 225. Also, thank you for mapping out the floors for me. I appreciate you.'

System 225 was happy that Grey acknowledged him! Grey could hear System 225's hums of joy fading into silence. Grey knew System 225 was in a good mood. He felt that he should do this from now on.

Grey walked over and sat down with them. He knew they needed to rest physically and mentally before going back to town.

Other groups of people walked by giving them odd stares. They didn't understand why Andrea's party looked so dead. The first 20 floors were easy, what could they have experienced???

Andrea ignored all the stares and looked at his party members. His face was serious, so they all knew it was an important conversation. "What will you all be doing after this?"