Famous Author (10)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calvin was writing another story he had thought of the other day and hadn't lost inspiration since then. It was too easy for him to write at this point.

This world was basically almost done. Everything was easily falling into place as all he had to do was write to his heart's content. Nothing could be easier than that. It was shocking to him that there was a world so easy, but it was an F-ranked world. Of course it would be easy.

"Calvin, is it alright if I talk to you for a moment?" Lucy saw that Calvin was done typing so she finally had the courage to speak up.

Calvin nodded. "Yeah, of course. What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong, I just... want to ask you something."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Is it alright if I go back to school to become a doctor? I am not quitting my job as an editor just yet! It will take some time for me to become a doctor and the income as an editor will surely help. I just want to continue my studies..."

"Lucy, you know you have my full support." There were a lot of things he loved and one of them was supporting and hyping up the people closest to him. He didn't care if Lucy was a woman, if she had the determination and persistence, he would even help her reach the stars and beyond.

He knew that Lucy had been studying along with doing her job. She was studying for the upcoming exam that would determine if she could go into Medical School. She was studying so hard, but her efforts of trying to hide that didn't work at all.

Even though Lucy knew that Calvin would support her, she still felt so happy and relieved to hear him say that to her. "Thank you..."

"May I ask why now?"

He knew how hard Lucy was working to become more confident with herself. It was completely different from the first time he met her. Hanging out with Valerie really pushed her far. Showing her that she was more capable than she could ever imagine; that she was worth more than just enough, and that she could be strong and powerful in her own way.

Watching her grow as a person from being stuck in her shell to growing wings. She had wings now, but all she needed to do was fly.

"I thought about my relationship with Valerie and I realized that I didn't want to be behind her. I want to stand by her side as an equal. With just as much confidence and grace that she has. I am going through therapy to help with my anxiety and I have you, Ian, and Valerie. I want to be stronger and braver. I want to see the world not from behind her back, but alongside her so that we both could see the world in its splendor."

It was a beautiful reason. To change for someone you love for the better. Most people think that it's fine to be how you are, but when it obstructs you from following your dreams; when it hinders you from loving yourself and others; when you find yourself hurting yourself more than helping yourself, then it is okay to change. Change could be scary if you let it be scary. But change could also be very beautiful, like a caterpillar to a butterfly. They are the same person, but they changed for the better.

"Lucy, can I read something for you that I prepared for this moment? I want you to look at it when you are feeling down and helpless, when things seem to not work out the way you want them to, or if you just need something to lift your spirits."

He was a writer. He wrote everything down so writing a letter wasn't odd. But he also wanted to read it, so that she could remember his voice as she read it in times of hardship.