Dystopia (4)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grey and Cyan were able to get back home safely. Fortunately, their home had no damage, but other people were not as lucky as they were.

About a quarter of the houses in their neighborhood were destroyed. Some houses only had minor damages, like some objects falling from shelves.

The earthquake was much larger than he expected or there were two earthquakes back to back. It was strange. He thought the city was the epicenter but it seemed to cause the same amount of damage throughout, even in the suburbs.

He could hear cries from various neighbors, many people coming forward to care for them.

Cyan also glanced at the crying people and then whispered to Grey. "Let's go grab some stuff to help them."

Grey thought so as well, so he nodded. They couldn't stand out too much with everyone helping out the victims.

The two went inside the house to look for supplies. They grabbed as much preserved food as they could and some extra cash. Then they went out to hand them to the neighbors in need. Many people were grateful, thanking them for their kindness. Some weren't the happiest about it, but still accepted their food and money.

Once the crowd dispersed, Cyan and Grey were finally able to go back to their home to rest.

After they finished eating and washing up for the night, System 225 finally contacted Grey.

[Grey, I was finally able to get the USB for Cyan to use. I had to make sure it was untraceable and add some other protective measures too. It took forever. It should be good now.]

'Do you think it will take a long time to get all the data from the City Hall?' Grey asked in his head while he laid on Cyan's chest.

[It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. I really made sure it would gather the data as fast as possible. This is for Cyan's safety.]

'That's good, I will let Cyan know.'

Hopefully, Cyan had figured out a time and place to insert the USB. It can be inserted in any computer or laptop as long as it's in the building. Luckily, this society still used USBs.

"Love, I got the USB," Grey whispered just in case Cyan was falling asleep.

Cyan opened his eyes and yawned. "Really? Hmm. Give it to me in the morning so I don't forget." Then he went back to sleep with Grey in his arms.

"Okay." He also closed his eyes.

It was a long day, so the two went to bed early.

The next morning, Cyan dropped Grey off at the school as usual and went to work. He had the USB in his pocket where his phone was. He wore a gray suit. Everyone was wearing the same kinds of suits and even had their phones in the same pocket. He didn't look out of place at all, and the USB was undetectable even in the metal detector.

Grey wasn't joking when he said it was undetectable...

He did his usual routine of saying good morning to everyone on his way to his desk as well as giving his greetings to the supervisors. He sat down at the desk and took his phone and the USB out of his pocket. Everyone put their phones on the desk in case of emergencies so there was nothing off about his behavior.

There was also a stack of binders in front of his PC unit. Coincidentally, it blocked the USB port, allowing only him the ability to see it.

Once everyone was seated at their desks, Cyan stealthily inserted the USB. It didn't interrupt his screen. He knew the USB was gathering information because it let out a faint green light. He was told the green light meant it was downloading information and a red light meant it was done.