Spirit Investigator (6)

Edited by: Kuro and Lille

This chapter is sponsored by: A certain someone who knows their name, as well as the amazing ThisPrince! Thank you so much for supporting me and my work :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Grey and Emery got to the parking lot of the apartment complex, they ran into Nora who was coming back from the agency.

The three had a lot to talk about so they went to Nora's suite where she lived alone. Emery's adoptive parents were home so it was hard to talk about important information pertaining to work. That was why they chose Nora's place.

Grey and Emery relaxed in the living room while Nora changed into more comfortable clothing. She was tired of wearing heels and a skirt all day and couldn't wait to change into some pants.

After she came back, they all sat around the couch and talked about what had happened during their day.

"I'm not surprised he asked for information on his father," Grey said as he gave a sigh, "Do you think he will ask for a lawyer?"

Nora replied, "I'm not sure honestly. He looked conflicted. I told him what his father thought about it so he must be torn between respecting his father's decision but also avenging him. I don't know how much love he feels for his mother though."

"Well, it doesn't matter what we think he should do, as long as he's content and doesn't regret his decision, then it's all good."

Emery looked over at Nora who looked pale and exhausted. He knew that she probably ran into that demon, as she was shaking a bit but trying to calm herself down. "Nora, did you see him again?"

She always trembled after meeting that demon, it was like the demon was still staring at her, making her highly uncomfortable.

"I did, he asked me why I didn't urge the kid to take revenge on his mother. That I would've done something different, just like my mother did."

Grey knew about her "family" situation, and the horrors she had gone through as a child because of that demon. He felt it wasn't his place to say anything about it though.

"There's got to be a way to get rid of him." Emery gritted his teeth. He hated that he was powerless even with his physical body. He died saving Nora from that demon, even if he didn't remember it. Grey in his body was proof that he, Emery, shouldn't have been in this world like so.

"I know how to get rid of him, but it will take some time. I wasn't given the information on the method, so I might need to do some further investigations..." Grey felt that they should at least know this.

"What? Really!?" Nora and Emery shouted at the same time.

"Whoa there, calm down you two. I've seen Emery's memories, but for some odd reason, I can't see how Emery found the method to get rid of Nora's demon. I was told it was by sealing the demon into an object but that was all the information I was given.."

"Wait, I was the one that found the method?" Emery questioned once again just to hear Grey confirm it. He felt useless for so long, so he wasn't actually useless?

"You did, but because you found it, the demon decided it was time to kill the both of you. You died protecting Nora and she was able to successfully seal him afterward. It's all thanks to you, Emery."

Emery and Nora were in shock, especially Emery as he just couldn't remember, but he knew Grey was telling the truth.

"So I didn't die in vain..." Emery mumbled to himself.

"Of course you didn't. Do you remember what I told you both on the day I came here? Souls who get caught up in making the world progress and move onward are the most unfortunate and their souls need to be healed. Did you think you were useless because I was here to help you?