8.76 Game On - They're Not For Me

I walked down the aisles and towards the sweets. I grabbed a bag of gummy bears and kneaded it in my hand. The sound of it was very similar of that from my plastic pants. The man next to me stared at me confused, because I must have looked like an idiot - how I was holding the gummy bears with a beaming smile. He took a pack of lollipops and left rather quickly ^^ I decided to just go into the opposite direction. The crinkling bag in my hand gave me extra confidence, that I would go unnoticed. I could finally move carefree.

I suddenly found myself in the Health & Beauty section. I looked admiring at all the makeup they had, but knew Mom wouldn't let it slide, so I went further ^^ Next to them were hygienic products like tampons and pads, but the very same shelf also had pullup pants and even diapers. I was flabbergasted, when I saw the very same diaper I was wearing! I had only seen mine for like a minute, but I was sure, that one of the two brands, that the store provided, contained the same. While I inspected them, a young woman at the tampon section took notice.

"What's your deal with incontinence slips?", she asked and caught me sort of flat-footed. I felt I blushed and quickly grinned as some kind of defense mechanism ^^

"They're not for me", I babbled without thinking and wanted to facepalm myself immediately after ^^

"They are too big for you anyway, darling", the blonde woman returned incidentally and left with her tampons. I felt relieved, but still just put the diaper package back on the shelf quickly ^^ I wasn't eager for someone to put two and two together.

After browsing through some sections, I eventually came to the checkout area. I still hadn't found anything I wanted besides the gummy bears, but I hadn't picked them for their taste ^^ This was like a separate section itself, that had a little of everything like the shop of a gas station.

Surrounding the registers there was like a hodgepodge of sweets and candy. And then I saw it: sour sticks. Not just any sour sticks, but our sour sticks so to say ^^ Every time, when we were on trips, Mom and Dad would buy this very same brand. When it gets hot in the car, the sour taste manages to freshen you up a bit and provides a nice respite from hot flashes. I took them to the counter and lined up, when I recognized the young woman in front of me. The curly blonde hair belonged to the woman, I met at the diaper shelf. I hesitated and considered to switch lines, when she turned around. I quickly pretended to look for something behind the cashier in hopes, she wouldn't recognize me, or at least not speak to me ^^

"Hey, where are your diapers!?", she suddenly blared at me and began laughing.