8.59 Game On - Last Resort

"No, I'm fine", I quickly returned to get her going. I didn't have to pee, yet, and even if, I still had the pull-up as last resort. I only felt a slight pressure on my stomach, but I knew that this still had time, until we were at the hotel.

"Should I get you something from the shop, hun?", she added crossing her legs.

"No, Mom, GO!", I commanded her afraid, she'd wet herself. Mom nodded and finally went into the shop to get the key. She seemed to be okay, though, because her walk looked pretty normal. After a few seconds she left the shop with a block, that had the key attached to it for whatever reason and went to the backside. I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes for a moment.

Suddenly Mom was back in the car.

"Can we go on?", she asked me, getting back into the car, while I watched her confused. I must have dozed off for a minute or so.

"Sure", I answered, but I honestly wasn't so sure anymore. Why was I so tired?

"Here for you," Mom said, snapping me out of my thoughts and holding out two popsicles, she'd taken from the cooler behind her seat. I took one and she kept the other and drove off. The ice felt good. It had been a hot day already, but the sun had turned the car into a glass house. So maybe it was really just the heat, that made me weak.

After we finished our popsicles, Mom told me to get a water bottle from the cooler.

"Here, Mom, I already opened it for you..."

"No, you first, honey. I haven't seen you drink during the last hour"

"Okay", I returned and began gulping down some water.

"Not so fast. It's ice cold after all. Just take your time, hun", she explained and I removed the bottle from my mouth and handed it to her. This time she took it and drank a few sips herself. Then I drank a bit more and found it hard to stop, because the cool water running down my throat felt incredible.

We chatted a bit more about her job, Dad and our future. We finally left the road and took the interstate north. The driving became much smoother and faster, but also less attractive. Due to me being tired, I decided to take a nap. But first I had to escape her conversation. I began answering monosyllabically and stopped asking questions myself. Meanwhile I wondered, why I still didn't feel the need to pee, yet. First I stealthily checked the pull-up. It was still dry. So I just tried to push like I had done in the nurse's room and I surprisingly began peeing a bit. I quickly stopped.

"Seems like you don't feel like talking anymore", she suddenly remarked.

"Sorry, Mom"