7.39 Grinding - Dumb Girl

Then just when I had caught up with him something happened that he hadn't taken into account. A woman slowly got into the water from the right edge of the pool blocking his already narrow lane entirely. When he tried to dodge her she suddenly made a move towards the middle causing them both to collide. I busted out laughing until I accidentally swallowed some water as a result ^^ But then I quickly saw my chance and took the lead. I had sort of gotten the hang of it correcting course with the help of my feet. I gave everything I had! With every swimming stroke I began peeing a bit but I didn't care. I had already passed about 40 of the 60 yards when I finally turned around again. I was maybe 5 yards ahead of him, but he was fast as fuck! Since I was in the lead I couldn't really see if he had indeed put an arm behind his back or if he cheated, but since he was such a persnickety boy I trusted him with that. I focused on swimming again and managed to keep my speed up until the end, but it still wasn't nearly enough. About 10 yards from the finish he had passed me and then began slowing down again. Had he been toying with me, was he too exhausted or just saving power? However he had finished the race about three seconds ahead of me. It wasn't a landslide win, but enough to not dispute his victory ^^ We were both catching air for a while before he came over to me.

"Good race", he said appreciatively and his beet-red face told me he hadn't taken it lightly at all ^^

"Same and congrats! You're really incredibly fast. I never stood a chance"

"I'm honestly a bit astonished you weren't faster", he noted and I thought he was messing with me again.

"How dare you to nag on me like that?", I complained and threw water at him. That was of course a very effective attack in a water area ^^

"No, Lyz, you got that all wrong", he quickly backpedaled.

"Did I?"

"I mean you are one heck of an athlete. I've watched you dive and swim numerous times and was always impressed of your athleticism so I figured you would be a tough opponent", Dave explained and I felt flattered ^^

"Did you just pay me a compliment?", I asked him teasingly, but he just nodded.

"Of course I did. I'm the first to admit that no other girl in the team can hold a candle to you", he claimed and I felt I was blushing. Sheepishly I began grinning like an idiot. To cover it up I quickly threw more water at him that he tried to fend off. Then I submerged and launched an underwater attack. I pulled him off the pool edge by his feet. We both ended up under water and looked at each other. He complained with gestures about my attack, but his hair looked too funny to take him serious ^^ We both emerged.

"Not bad for a GIRL or what do you think, golden boy?", I asked him with a wink and he rolled his eyes.

"Lyz, you really want to continue this way?"

"I'm just a dumb GIRL. I don't know any better"

"Come on, you know that's not what I meant"

"Maybe", I teased him with a wink, but before I knew he had already submerged and grabbed my legs. I tried to fend him off, but that wasn't that easy in 7 feet deep water. I took a deep breath and submerged as well.