6.68 Game Over - Fighting Death

"Your bum looks cute, honey", Mom commented and I reacted by shaking my booty. It created a loud crinkling noise under my shorts ^^ Then I focused on my clothes again and picked a cool black top to not come off as childish as I felt. I quickly exchanged tops to which Mom gave me a thumbs up and then rushed to the bathroom to wash my face. Then I combed my hair until it looked flawless and rushed to the living room where Mom had set up the laptop with the cam on the couch table. She had already fixed her makeup.

"What do you think?", I asked her striking poses.

"You look stunning, hun"

"Thank you, Mom", I returned sheepishly, but also a little proud. Then I sat down on the couch in front of the laptop.

"Just one more thing"

"Yeah?"

"I still wouldn't bother him with your recent problems...you know...I still hope it's only temporarily and I think you hope so, too"

"Okay, Mom, but only if you give me something to eat", I told her with a wink, but only after I had hesitated a bit. Dad had always been my partner in crime so to say. When I had been up to mischief, I would often tell only him about it because he didn't make such a fuss and he also went on to defend me in front of Mom.

"Sure, I made you tasty rice balls with turkey. Just please be careful to not make a mess, hun", Mom begged me and went to the kitchen to get my meal. For someone who was meant to rest that morning was already very hectic. My knee bounced up and down waiting for Mom to return with the food.

I instantly started eating and enjoyed the meal as fast as possible because I knew his call would come in very soon. And like expected the video call suddenly popped up on the screen after less than half a minute. I quickly chewed my last bite and swallowed it early to answer the call as fast as possible. When I hit the button I started coughing because I was choking on my food. So the first thing Dad saw of me was me fighting death ^^

"Are you okay??", he asked unsure, but while I still coughed slightly I already nodded.

"Okay", I cawed and noticed I had nothing to drink.

"Are you sure, kiddo? Your face is beet-red after all", he wondered and I was glad he had no clue that it was red because I was actually peeing myself with every cough ^^ Then I had finally loosened the rice grain in my throat that had kept me a prisoner.

"Finally...sorry Dad", I smiled at the screen embarrassed.

"No problem...how are you, Lyza?"

"You mean when I'm not fighting for my life because I choked on a grain of rice?"

"Something like that"

"I guess I'm fine...maybe a little sad you're not here with us..."

"I know, I know and I feel really bad about it"