7.23 Grinding - Dreaming Or What?

"No, I don't..."

"Yeah, because you're still wearing diapers to bed! Haha!", the first boy shouted on the top of his lungs and both busted out laughing before finally running away. I managed to calm down a bit and had a hard time not to start crying because there were still people looking at me. All of a sudden the wind returned and lifted my dress again. This time I was faster and covered my diaper quickly. I tightly wrapped the skirt around my legs to avoid it flying back up.

"She's really diapered"

"The boys were right"

"How old is she?"

"At least 10"

"I'd even say about 14", the people around me muttered and tears started to roll down my face. Then a more familiar voice began talking:

"Why is she wearing a wet diaper, Sylvia?"

"Does it make a difference?", Mom answered Dad with a shrug and the situation grew stranger by the minute.

"Come here, kiddo", Dad took me by the hand and led me through a sliding door behind me. I hadn't had an opportunity to look at the signs so I had no idea where we were going. I turned around and saw Mom follow us with the little bag in her hand. She smiled at me and wiped the tears off of my cheeks.

"Hi Mrs. Joanne", Mom suddenly said and we stopped. Joanne?

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, how are you?", a familiar voice said and I quickly turned around. It was Joanne - the woman I met at the hospital. Was I dreaming or what?

"We want to get downtown for shopping and brought you Lyza"

"Hi Lyza, that's a beautiful dress you got"

"She has already wet her diaper", Mom added before I managed to say anything. I was shocked and had no idea what was going on.

"Of course she has, but that's what those are for, right?"

"Joanne...?", I mouthed dumb-founded.

"You like stars, don't you?", she asked me with a gentle voice and took a crayon from the tiny backpack. Then she began drawing stars on my cheeks.

"We'll leave you two alone now. See you later, hun", Mom suddenly said and before I could even progress what had been happening my parents were gone.

"Lyza, would you like to show me your wet diaper?", Joanne asked touching the seam of my dress and I finally managed to protest.

"No!"

"No? But your Mommy said you already wet yourself. I think it would be better to put you in a new diaper, Lyza"

"No"

"You don't want to? Okay, I trust you. But I hope you don't leak on the furniture then"

"Joanne, what is going on here?", I asked her after I had sort of accepted the situation.

"We'll have some fun I guess", she returned with a smile and took me by the hand.

"But I don't get it...they told me they'd go to town and get me something to eat and..."

"Oh, you're hungry"

"Yes but..."

"Then follow me to the kitchen", she said all enthusiastic and walked me through her living room to said kitchen. I sat down on a chair while she got me something to eat. I heard a snap behind me while she sang a song. Then she returned and put a plate in front of me. It looked like apple sauce.