8.9 Game On - Break These Chains

"I'm sorry...what...can I...", she stammered unsure.

"Is Mack still home?"

"Magnus?...oh right, yes, he is indeed...he'll be ready in a few minutes. I'm sorry we're late", she apologized embarrassed and quickly closed the door. It was a bit odd, but who cared? I knew what I needed to know. I overheard Mack asking her something and his Mom answering something else before I went back to the driveway. Seemed like they were just as chaotic as Mom and I were ^^

"Sorry for being late", Mack quickly apologized after leaving the house.

"New habits, Mackie?", I teased him with a wink before eventually giving him a big hug. He put his hand on my back, but didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I did.

"Hey Lyz, let's not behave too tender in public, okay?"

"I'm just hugging my best friend, but if you say so...", I let go of him.

"No, you got that wrong. The hug is okay. I just thought you were about to go for more..."

"...and you were of course right!", I confirmed him devilish and he finally smiled.

"Let's just get out of here before you break these chains"

We went through our neighborhood and passed quite a few people. I was watching Mack the entire time who appeared to be strained and thoughtful. I had hoped him being flirty, but was wrong about that. Something was nagging him and the worst thing about it was that it seemed like he didn't want to share it with me. I would've loved to help him.

"You wanna do it here?", I asked him once we were out of town pointing at the meadows. He still looked sort of lost, so I just wrapped my arms around him again and smiled.

"Oh...right...I told you we'd...I'm sorry, Lyz, but we're already late..."

"What?"

"I know...I know this was my fault...I'm really sorry for this...", he apologized and I saw he really struggled.

"No, it's...half that bad...", I assured him even though in reality I was very disappointed. He seemed to have noticed.

"Hey"

"Yeah?"

"We're still finally out of sight, though", Mack told me with a warm smile and wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me close and even a bit up and just kissed me. I ignored that I tinkled a bit in my pad due to the pressure and kissed him back. It was a wonderful feeling! His big arms surrounded my hips and made me feel really safe. I still held onto him with everything I got because I didn't want him to let go of me. We stood there, our lips connected, for maybe a full minute. Even though we had been breathing through our noses we were still gasping for air after finally letting go. Our foreheads still touched which was pretty nice.

"This was wonderful! Thank you so much, Mackie!", I told him enthusiastically and our eyes met again.

"You're very welcome! But I'm afraid we gotta go now"