8.53 Game On - Dating

"You really gotta do something about it...", I told Jenny, but she cut me off.

"Lyz, I really don't wanna talk about this"

"Oh, I'm sorry"

"So if you also don't want to talk about Dave anymore that's only fair..."

"No, not at all. I just don't know what to tell you"

"Okay, nevermind"

"No, no, you brought it up. Is there something special on your mind?"

"Are you two really not dating?"

"No, I swear to God"

"But it seems to me, like he's interested in you..."

"No, that'd be news to me. I don't think he actually looked at me before yesterday"

"Didn't he drop to his knee right before you last week?", she asked and referred to when Dave randomly gossiped to make a point, how I was going to the bathroom every break. When the others complained about it, he apologized and even kissed my hand ^^

"That idiot was only making fun of me, so: no", I said annoyed and shook my head.

"But let's just pretend I'm right and he's interested in you..."

"...doesn't change the fact I wouldn't date him..."

"...because he's such an ass?"

"Because I already have someone else"

"You do?"

"Yes"

"All of a sudden?"

"Well, not really. It's complicated..."

"What does that mean?"

"That it took me a while to realize, he's all I ever wanted", I explained and couldn't help but tear up. I turned away from her.

"Oh no, I'm sorry, Lyz. Don't cry..."

"Not your fault...", I sobbed and tried not to draw too much attention. Now it hurt even more, that I wouldn't see him until tomorrow night or even the day after tomorrow.

"Do I know him?", she eventually whispered from behind.

"I guess you've seen him a few times. The big boy who accompanies me to school"

"Magnus?"

"You know him?"

"Not really, just the name. He's your neighbor, right?"

"Yes"

"I'm happy for you, Lyz", Jenny declared which made me smile.

"Thank you"

"But now I'm curious. Does he...know...?", she asked after some hesitation and I knew she was talking about my bladder problems.

"Yes and he's been very supportive"

"Oh, that's great! Makes me even happier"

"You know what? If you really think, that Dave has an eye on me, I should use it to commend you", I told her with a smile.

"What? No..."

"But why not? We should really give it a shot"

"You think? I don't know..."

"Well, think about it, okay?"

"M'kay..."