7.59 Grinding - Pish-Posh

When I arrived back at the table outside, Mom had just finished her glass of wine. She noticed me and smiled glassy-eyed.

"Hey Honey, welcome back! Are okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"That's nice, makes me happy", she added and refilled her glass. It was only then that I noticed that Gloria's glass had been emptied as well. Judged by Mom's mood it had been her ^^ On top of that the wine bottle was already almost empty. Mom looked at her glass that was full to the brim and padded on the chair next to her. I saw she had switched the wet chair for a dry one.

"Not the one on the opposite side?", I asked unsure as it was normally easier to talk that way, but she shook her head. I did as I was told and Mom immediately wrapped an arm around me pulling me closer.

"Hun, I'm sorry what happened to you"

"Yeah...thank you..."

"No, I mean it! I'm really sorry about it", she emphasized her apology and hugged me. She was a bit rough, but I saw in her eyes that she just really felt sorry for me.

"Could be worse", I returned and hugged her back. A tear of joy emerged from her eye which she quickly wiped away.

"Want a sip?", she offered me her red wine, but I declined. She shrugged her shoulders and took a big sip herself. She had never offered me alcohol before and I was never eager to try it. I had some relatives that crashed through a window while drunk ^^ Not for me.

"Don't you think you've had enough already, Mom?"

"Pish-posh, I'm just depleting leftovers. It's not like anyone is helping me with it though", she returned pointing at the almost empty bottle. I'm pretty sure by the dawn of the day it had been full ^^

"So you miss Dad?"

"Yep", she said with a sad look on her face.

"Me too", I returned and she turned back to me and hugged me again really tightly. This made me tinkle a bit, but I didn't care too much since we were for ourselves now.

"How can he keep doing this to us?"

"What? Stay away for the weekend?"

"Leave us alone here most of the time!", she complained and tears ran down her face.

"Oh Mom, it's his job. He does this so we have a good life"

"But that doesn't help the fact that I miss him so damn much!!", Mom shouted and began crying heavily. I quickly took the glass out of her hand and pulled her big head against my chest. She was really upset.

"I'm so sorry you are suffering from this"

"I mean it's not like we can't make it. I just wish I could have him around more often, hun"

"That would be great"

"Oh, what am I talking about? I'm sure it's a lot worse for you to see your Dad so seldom"

"No, it's okay, Mom. Just cry if you like to", I told her and caressed the hair on her pate. I leaked a drop or two every now and then and knew I'd need the loo very soon.