Chapter 179 : From Rags To Bitches ~ Exit Molly

Serena looked up at the fifteen foot Christmas tree which dominated the corner of the lavish reception of the family compound.

She had been taking pictures of different staff members in different parts of the complex, her favourite being a photo of Javier on his day off, by the small canteen christmas tree.

But that tree paled in comparison to the massive tree in the family compound, which was tastefully under-decorated in traditional reds, golds and shimmering silvers. Under it were a multitude of gifts under the tree… mostly for Chéri.

By the tree was a large lead crystal glass coffee table with large flamboyant angel wings engraved into it, that Lennon and Chéri insisted on spending a fortune on it as it matched their gaudy taste. It was now by the fireplace and they would often see Chéri polishing it, or Lennon freaking out that Chéri had put a mug directly on the surface.

The twins were trying to cheer each other up from the dire situation around them. Selina looked at the gifts with handwriting that she did not recognised, "Who's handwriting is this?"

Serena shook her head, "I don't know. But all these are from Chéri, sooo…they'll be useless gifts. Like a toilet roll or something, and he thinks that's hilarious."

"Yeah, sometimes his joke gifts are in really bad taste.." Selina said.

"Yeah, like signing mama up for a years subscription of backdoor magazine.." Serena said.

Selina cringed as she recalled, "Oh? I thought his worst gift ever was giving Hugo a bicycle pump… he even had the nerve to claim it was practical…"

"Well, when I saw that thing wrapped up, I thought it was going to be another horse dildo…" Serena said.

"We should give him back his own crap gifts one year!" Selina said.

"No! He'd love a horse dildo…" Serena replied.

"I'm going to gift him a packet of sanitary towels. That'll wipe the smile off his face." Selina said.

"Whoa… vicious!" Serena said as she picked up a small cylindrical container, "Hey, is that Marcel's fancy handwriting?"

Selina looked over, "No it's not, but if it was… that would straight up be a pipe shrapnel bomb… put it down."

~ X ~

In the inter-joining segment between the main compound and the family compound, Suzanne was in hysterical tears as Lennon tried to calm her.

"Why are all these people dead?!" she cried.

"I don't know darlin', but I'm gonna find out." Lennon said as he looked up and around the room.

"Something's going on! We're all going to die!" Suzanne said hysterically.

"Nah! No! I'm gonna get to the bottom of all this bullshit as soon as we get to the family room. I'll check on Chéri then find out what the situation is." Lennon said as he stood up and checked what he had on himself in the form of weaponry. He had his machete, knuckle dusters and Adeline's knife.

"What if Chéri's dead? What then?" Suzanne said.

"Chéri dies over my dead body." Lennon said firmly, "If I know anything, he's in a panic room already, in the family compound, which is where we're going."

"What if Chéri has done this?" Suzanne said.

Lennon turned to her as if she had blasphemed, "Listen, Chéri is five-two, bulimic and as skinny as a rake. Do you really think that he has the strength, the stomach or the skill to take out guys twice his size?! Anyway, Chéri has never walked around armed with anything more than Mace and a Taser in his purse."