Chapter 95 : Dear God, Thank You For Jesus

Chéri stepped out of the upstairs bathroom with a large towel around him. His bleach blonde hair was all loose and wavy around his face and he was carrying his face cream and cherry lip balm. He walked towards his room and bumped into Logan in the hallway, and saw Logan scan him up and down quickly after watching the way he was walking a moment.

"Hey, Logan!" Chéri said in his deeper voice.

"Hiya Martyn." Logan started. "Do you have those pink flowers all the way down your body? They're all down your arm too."

"Yes, yes I do. It's down the front and back of my body. I'm still adding to it."

"Oh? Can I see your ink?" Logan asked.

Chéri panicked a moment, knowing that he had Lennon's name emblazoned in an ark over his navel. "You can see my back. I'm going to have some birds added. Maybe a peacock." He said as he turned around to show Logan his back.

"Why don't you get a fancy dragon?" Logan asked.

"I don't think it would suit me. It would just look like a dragon got fuckin' lost in Cherry blossom land!" Chéri said. "Can I see your ink?" Chéri asked as he reached out to touch Logan's t-shirt, but he took a step backwards.

"Yeah, sure." He said as he lifted his t-shirt and showed off several tattoos, including their family Crest.

"Those are really bitchin'! Nice line work, can I see the rest?" Chéri asked.

"Haha yeah, sure... sometime. Look, dude. I'll see ya downstairs for dinner." Logan said.

"Okay, Lo." Chéri said.

Logan hopped down the stairs and walked into the large country kitchen. He walked to the massive double-doored fridge and looked inside. "Paa! Lenn!" He called out. "Wanna cold one?" He shouted.

Merrick called back. "Are you my son?!"

Lennon's voice was heard too. "You don't gotta ask!" He called, having adopted a more southern sounding voice since arriving.

Logan took the beers out the fridge, along with some potato salad.

"Doesn't Nathan or Martyn want one?" Monique asked.

"Nathan never really drinks without having a meal. He says alcohol is bad for the singing voice, and as for Martyn, he looks more of a...pink champagne kinda guy." Logan said.

"What do you mean?"Monique asked.

"Momma, I think Martyn's a fag.' Logan said.

"Lo! Your language! Why would you say that?" Monique asked.

"The way he moves gives me the creeps sometimes. How he waves his hands around while movin' his fingers, the fact he's covered in them pink flowers, knows makeup and all." Logan said.

"And...?" She asked.

"Well, ain't that enough, maa?"

"He seems like a perfectly nice boy to me. Leave the judging to the good lord. Anyway, you'd best get used to him. He's Chéri's brother, and the way Lenn is talking, Chéri will be joining our family!" Monique said.

"Great. So if you get grandchildren off Lennon, does that mean I'm off the hook?" Logan asked.

"For a couple of years, yes." she smiled.

Merrick walked in and lowered his oxygen mask. "What's all this 'bout a beer that ain't never showin' up? Then I come in here ta see you grinnin' like a possum eatin' a sweet tater." he smiled

"Sorry, Paa." Logan said, lowering his voice. "We was jus talkin' over Martyn. What do ya think of him, Paa?"

Merrick shrugged. "What do I think? I think folks should mind their beeswax. What I think." he said casually as he got a bowl for some potato salad.