Chapter 39 : A Lovers Tiff - The Adamski Belt

Lennon waited a while to resurface at the wrap party after Serena reappeared. He saw all the dancers had changed clothes and joined the party, however, because they had changed, he had no idea who was who from the performance.

Lennon headed up to their apartment room and found Chéri wasn't there. He walked into the bedroom and pulled his travel case out from under their large, king-sized bed.

He pulled all his old clothes out and onto the bed, raising his eyebrows as he held up one of his flannel shirts. "What, Was I thinking?!" he said to himself.

Lennon grabbed the trash bag from the bin and started throwing almost all of his old clothes into it. He only kept his camouflage cargo trousers, two shirts and the thick cardigan his mother had made him.

The door opened behind him, and Chéri walked in. Chéri had changed into skinny jeans, a shirt and waistcoat.

"Lenny, what are you doing?"

"Getting rid of this stuff."

"What?!" Chéri said as he rushed to the bin. "Oh no! Lenny! These are your clothes! Look! Your checked shirt, I love this! Your ripped sweater! The coat you put on me when it pissed down in England! Are you crazy?!" Chéri said with an armful of clothes as he kept fishing them out the trash.

"Chéri, they don't fit well and look ridiculous."

"Oh my GOD, Lenny! Your belt! YOUR BELT!" Chéri held up the thick belt with its large oval metal buckle emblazoned with the Confederate and American flag, and the word Tennessee. Flipping it over to see 'Lennon Adamski' embossed on the back. "I remember unbuckling this on our first night together! It means a lot to me!"

"I'm not throwing that away! There are three of those belts. Each of my brothers and I got one for Christmas a few years back. But, I'm never going back to live in Tennessee." Lennon said.

"Well, I'm drawing the line! I love this shirt!" Chéri said as he held up a red lumberjack shirt.

"Stupid." Lennon said.

"And, I love this coat!" Chéri said as he held up the heavy parka Lennon had put on him in the rain.

"Derelique." Lennon said.

Chéri dropped the clothes. "Why would you use that word." he said flatly. "Where did you hear that."

"If you want me to dress like a vagrant, I'll wear them." Lennon said.

"Well, If you want to be like that! Then I'll have them." Chéri said as he picked all the clothes up off the floor and dropped them on a chair. "All mine! Especially this!" he said as he held up the Tennessee belt.

"Have 'em if you want. I got a belt." Lennon said as he pointed to his waist and the thick leather belt with a massive Chanel logo encrusted with expensive crystals rimmed with diamonds that he wore.

Chéri put the American belt around his tiny waist, but it didn't fit and the belt width looked unusually large around his waist. "I'll have a new hole put in this and wear it myself. Thank you very much." he said as he just tied it.

"I don't know why you're being so funny about it, Chéri. They're all old and worn out."

"Lenny, this was your style. It's so you, I can't believe it. They also smell like you."

"They would do, they're my dirty laundry." Lennon sighed.

"Doesn't the fact that I like them mean anything? I took these off you the night we met. Their sentimental value to me is soo high. It was exciting unbuttoning these."