Chapter 118 : Suzy, We Need To Talk About..Expectations And Boundaries

Lennon stopped the car and pulled the keys from the ignition. "Well, here it is. What doya think of the great smokes?"

Chéri hopped out of the Tacoma and walked towards the stunning view with open-mouthed awe.

Lennon pointed into the distance. "Those are the great smokey mountains. The range runs along the border of North Carolina and Tennessee. I kinda, used to come up here to think and clear my mind but, You know, this beautiful dusk orange, pink and blue sky...ain't never been so beautiful to me, as it is right now."

"Lenny, Nashville and Tennessee's...a place I've gotten really attached to. I love the life here. The friendly people, the plants, the views. I never imagined all this would happen when I accepted a lift from you off the M4. I never, ever...imagined myself coming to Tennessee." Chéri said before he turned his back on the view and searched his pockets.

"What are you doin' honey?" Lennon asked.

Chéri took out two British Pound coins. "I have this superstition. I do this at the Trevi fountain in Italy. I turn my back...and I toss a coin to return."

"I don't understand." Lennon responded.

"I toss a coin so I know I'll come back to this spot. Go on! You do it!" Chéri said as he handed Lennon a pound coin.

"But...I know I'll always return here...eventually." Lennon said.

"Please! Don't tempt fate. Toss the coin and we're both safe! We'll both return here together." Chéri insisted.

Lennon looked down at the British coin, turning it over in his hand and looking at the image of the British queen. "Toss it high over my shoulder?"

"Yes! Don't think of anything. Clear your mind and toss it." Chéri said.

Lennon turned around quickly and flicked the Pound coin high over his shoulder towards the distance and the great smokey mountains. "Happy?" He asked as he turned to Chéri.

"Yes! Very happy! Now I know we'll be here again somehow." Chéri said as he unzipped the front of Lennon's coat and hugged him.

"Chéri, we have only a couple of days left here. I wanna take you around and show you anything else you want to see."

"I'd love to see Dollywood." Chéri said.

Lennon laughed. "That's a water theme park, honey. Its here in Pigeon forge, by the national park."

"Yeah! I wanna see it! Have you been?" Chéri asked.

Lennon raised his eyebrows. "What gay guy hasn't been to Dollywood!"

"Well Lenny..you don't look or sound very gay to me, mister." Chéri joked.

"Cher, I'm as gay as fuck. I'm as gay as shit." Lennon protested with a smile as he wrapped his arms around Chéri's waist.

"Now you have to prove it.." Chéri said.

Lennon started talking with a pronounced lisp, lipsmacks, exaggerated hand movements and head rolls. "Cal-learly, you are nawt pay-ying attention, guurl! Mah voice is now all treble and nuu bass." Lennon said in a higher pitched nasal voice.

Chéri looked repulsed. "Don't do that! Its creepy!"

"How 'bout now?" Lennon said normally.

"That's far more fuckable!" Chéri answered.

"You don't like my camp voice?" Lennon asked.

"No! It's all wrong coming from you!" Chéri answered.