Chapter 94 : Serena Confronts Kween Suzanne

Suzanne was in her room when she heard the little pop of the switch on the small black perfect cooker. She walked up to it to see it had switched to warm. Unclipping and lifting the lid, she smelt the aromatic smell of rice she had cooked. Glancing back at a piece of paper with Lennon's handwriting on it, detailing some basic recipes he made in it.

Lennon used it while on driving tours because it had a little handle and was small, easy to use and clean, and nice when he had access to electricity. He would make eggs, rice, puddings and myriad other things.

He wrote down the directions to use half a cup of rice, a whole cup of water, a stock cube, a handful of frozen peas or anything to hand, and some turmeric to dye it gold.

Suzanne followed the directions in the little removable bowl and created a delicious little meal. She loved this little machine, mostly because it was Lennon's and he had travelled around with it.

She got a kitchen towel and lifted the little bowl out and tipped it out onto her plate when there was a knock on the door.

Suzanne was puzzled and thought it may be Javier to discuss details of the sham wedding. When she looked through the spyhole, her stomach sank when she saw Serena standing outside.

She panicked. She knew she couldn't just not answer the door. She meekly opened the door to see Serena smiling.

"Hi, Serena."

"Hi, can I come in?"

Suzanne knew that asking was purely a formality as she could not really say no.

"Sure, come in." Suzanne said, remembering that it was far worse when she was face to face with Chéri in the medical recovery house.

"Oh! You're about to eat. Please continue, and don't mind me." Serena said as she walked up to the cooker. "That's a cute little thing, where did you get it?"

"I, I don't recall." Suzanne said.

Serena turned back around to face Suzanne. "You don't recall? Even though this cooker has an American plug and you're using a travel adapter on it?"

"Maybe I got it from the same place that you got that crucifix from." Suzanne replied calmly.

There was silence for a moment between the two girls.

Serena sat down a moment. "Look, I'm just going to say it. Wherever Lennon is, you're not far behind. He picks a fight, with Marcel of all people, to keep you here. You were in his room nearly every night when he was recovering from a head concussion, and you're wearing his gay pride band, using his little portable cooker and he's organised you to marry a Spanish/French passport holder to keep you in the country. As he is my little brother's boyfriend, I have to know. Are you two a couple?"

"No. We're not. Firstly, he was going to have a fight with Marcel regardless. Secondly, I stayed on his sofa and we watched a lot of TV together." Suzanne replied.

"I don't think I believe that. I think he has an eye for women but he tries to suppress it. I can't imagine you both just watching TV." Serena said.

"It's true, most of the time, we listened to music and he sang or we watched drag race." Suzanne said.

"Oh? Well, the housekeeper says she walked in unannounced in the afternoon when she thought Lennon was out and she saw you in bed together. How do you explain that?" Serena asked.

"I didn't know I had to." Suzanne answered, seeing it as inevitable that the conversation may deteriorate.

"Well, you do." Suzanne said.

"Why? What is it to you?" Suzanne asked.

"He's the consort to my little brother, the heir of the Bordello. Do you realise that if one word got to Marcel about you both sharing a bed, he would engineer Lennon's downfall, and if Lennon falls, so do all the people he protects, namely you." Serena said.

"Are you threatening me?" Suzanne asked with a deadly serious tone.

"No. I'm just saying that if somethings going on, it'll come out in the end. Anytime anyone sees you both together, you're always having eye-sex with each other!" Serena said.

Suzanne folded her arms. "Then why did you kiss him?"

Serena looked surprised. "Excuse me?"

"Don't you act all superior. You pester the man continually. So, Marcel and Chéri can know that too, when everything comes out in the wash." Suzanne said.

"Did Lennon tell you that?" Serena asked.

"No, I saw it. In the garden. I was there, and wondering what the fuck was going on! So if you're so worried about your brother's relationship, then stop sabotaging it yourself." Suzanne said, trying not to give away too many details that she had not, In fact, witnessed it."

Serena folded her arms and decided to call her bluff. "You're lying. It never happened. If Lennon told you that, it's wishful thinking on his part."

"It's true!" Suzanne said, placing all of her faith in what Lennon said.

"Why were you in bed with Lennon? In the recovery house." Serena asked.

"If you won't be honest, why should I?! I saw you both." Suzanne said.

"Okay, it's true. I was trying to protect him. I just wanted to know if you both had developed something." Serena said.

"We slept together, in the sense of sleeping." Suzanne said.

"Why?! Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?"

"It's true! He's innocent minded, and gay. He has no interest in me. We just fell asleep chatting the first time." Suzanne said.

"What! In bed together?!"

"Yes. I hugged him, he hugged me, we slept together." Suzanne said.

"That's total bullshit!" Serena said.

"It's true! He likes that there's no obligation between us. We get very close, but we don't cross any lines" Suzanne said.

"How did you two become so close?" Serena asked.

"I don't know. I think it's because I don't put any demands on him. I just offer emotional support, and he appreciates it. He seems to like female affection." Suzanne said.

"Why doesn't he appreciate emotional support from anyone else?" Serena asked.

"Maybe because some girls take liberties with him. I think he also feels solidarity with me after seeing me picked on by Kenzo Hinn, Marcel L'Estrange and Diego what's his face."

"So what happens when Lennon returns home?" Serena asked.

"I don't know. Ask him. I think he's going to throw himself into the yacht party and Christmas. He wants different clothes designed for him for the events." Suzanne said.

"I didn't know that. Is he changing his look?" Serena asked.

"I think so. From what he said, it was going to be radical."

Next Chapter: Dear God, Thank You For Jesus