Chapter 128 : The Calm Before The Storm

It was much later that evening, Lennon and Suzanne had a late meal together, and then hit Amsterdam's night scene, having drinks in every other place, sampling the coffee and weed in different coffee shops.

They stumbled across one bar that had an offer on Jägerbombs, so Suzanne had three, and Lennon had five. They stayed there drinking and chatting until they were feeling quite carefree, and consumed with wanting to dance, so they hit the clubs.

This particular club had a purple exterior, so Lennon was drawn to it. They walked in giggling, while Lennon was still smoking a joint.

The atmosphere was great, and the music was loud. Suzanne was all dressed up for clubbing, wearing a sparkly black, flowing mini dress, while Lennon wore black, loose Jean's, detailed with bits of metal all down them, and a black, communist style, fakefur lined jacket.

They hit the dancefloor for a whole song set, with the agreement that if Suzanne was chatted up, Lennon would play the intimidating, American boyfriend, and if Lennon was chatted up, Suzanne would be his girlfriend, and they got lots of laughs out of playing those roles. After the set, they queued at the busy bar.

"What drink do you want?" Lennon called to Suzanne, over the music.

"I want a beer!" She shouted back, "What are you having?"

"I'm havin' a vodka Red Bull." Lennon answered.

"You big woman!" Suzanne shouted back at him, making Lennon laugh loudly, as he brought their drinks to the table.

"This is great isn't it?" Lennon said as he took out his small grinder, and started to grind up a few buds of cannabis.

"This is amazing." Suzanne giggled as she took more rolling papers out of her purse, and handed them to him.

"I called Spangna, she knows we're here." Lennon said.

"Its so nice to have her support. She's a good girl." Suzanne said.

"I know. I love her like a little sister." Lennon said, before he took the joint out of his mouth, and passed it to Suzanne.

After taking a large drag on the joint, Suzanne started choking, and laughing, "Oh this is strong shit!" She said, passing the joint back.

Lennon also took a large drag, then blew it out, causing a plume over the table, "Aahhh! God, I've missed Europe. I'm gonna stay here in Europe, fuck, smoke dope, and help run a Whorehouse for the rest of my life!" Lennon said, leaning back into the wicker chair, smiling.

"You're so fucking high." Suzanne said, practically slurring.

Lennon lifted his head and looked at her, "I'm fuckin' high?! And that's rich comin' from you missy!"

"Don't be bitchy!" She joked, while she brought her leg up and kicked his shoulder.

Lennon just fluttered his eyelids, then flicked his eyes up a moment before he giggled.

Suzanne shook her head, "Its so weird seeing you act gay."

Lennon grinned back, "Trust me, you ain't in a position to see me 'act gay'" he said before he downed his drink, and laughed.

"Oh my God, I think it's time to go back to the hotel. It's really late, and I'm so fucked up!" Suzanne said.

They left the club and walked along the canals together, until Suzanne stopped, and tapped Lennon, "Wonda! Look!" She said pointing down at the reflection of the moon in the canal, before she looked up at the night sky, "Its so weird. The moon always looks the same. It looks the same it did that night at the Bordello party."