Chapter 97 : Lennon Catches Up With Brooke

The next morning, everyone came down to a delicious breakfast of crepes and maple syrup.

Chéri loved all the food that Lennon's parents and siblings prepared so much, that his eating disorder had momentarily ceased. He drank his Methadone in the morning and then headed down the stairs to the large kitchen.

Lennon was already down there eating a large plate of crepes with fruit, covered in syrup.

"Good morning everyone!" Chéri said as he sat at the table.

Monique poured him a large fresh orange juice right away, "Good morning Martyn."

"Good morning, 'Martyn'" Lennon said, unable to say the nickname without stressing it slightly.

"Sweetheart, after you've met with Brooke, where would you like to meet up for coffee?" Monique asked.

"The usual French cafe, momma?" Lennon asked.

"Is two o'clock, okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just going for lunch with her and to catch up." Lennon said casually while he ate.

"And what are you doing today, Martyn?" Monique asked.

"I'm going to see town with Nathan." Chéri said.

"I can show you around..." Lennon countered.

"Nah, it's alright. " Chéri said.

"Nah seriously, wait for me. I wanna go too!" Lennon pressed.

"It'll be alright. We won't be long." Chéri said.

"Is Logan going too?"

"Nah. He's...a bit funny with me. I think he's a..." Chéri mouthed the word 'Nazi' silently.

Monique turned around with a pan of scrambled egg. "I'm sure that's not true.

"Yeah. You should go out with Logan instead, to smooth things over and see that he's fine with you." Lennon said.

"Nah, anyway, Nathan's a musician and wants to show me around some musical sites." Chéri said as Lennon just stared back at him.

"Don't you wanna meet Brooke? You can come with me." Lennon said.

Monique turned to Lennon. "That would be awkward for Martyn, sweetheart."

"It's really okay, Lenn. Don't worry." Chéri said as Logan walked In in his house robe, followed by an equally sleepy-looking Nathan.

"You both look exhausted! When did you get in from packing your shooting gear?" Monique asked.

"Three in the morning. We all got talkin' and drinkin'." Nathan said before he poured himself a glass of water.

"Yeah well, I've packed all papa's meds and portable air tanks." Logan said.

"He's in no fit state to drive." Lennon said as he pointed to Nathan.

"Lenn, I'm sleepy, not drunk." Nathan said as he scratched his head. "Morning, Martyn." He added as he walked past Chéri.

"Kitchen's crowded today." Logan said

"Hey, Nate. When are you going to get a girlfriend and a place of your own?" Lennon asked.

"I don't want a girlfriend." Nathan answered casually as he poured maple syrup on his plate.

"Why?" Logan asked.

"Because I don't have the time, and it would be a distraction with my studies and my music." Nathan said as he ate.