Chapter 143 : The Amazing, Ethical, Eco-Warrior Nathan!

Nathan's phone rang, it was Serena. They had switched numbers and they would text each other very regularly, or she would have video calls with both the brothers Nathan, and Logan together.

"Hiya GI Joe.. " Serena said excitedly.

"Hardly!" Nathan said, in a laugh, as he adjusted the large anime-style goggles on his head.

"Well, you are to me!"

"I'm kinda the opposite, in reality." Nathan said.

"What do you mean?" Serena asked.

"I'm all about peace sweetie. I'm a bit of a hippie at heart." Nathan confessed.

"Hmm...I think I'll allow it." Serena teased.

"But that ain't the worst part darlin'." Nathan said.

"Theres a worst part of you?" Serena asked.

Nathan smiled, "Well.. I'm gonna tell ya a secret. You may think it's terrible and it'll put you right off talkin' to me! It's also somethin' my family rib me about.."

"Oh I've got to hear this! As long as you don't tell me you're gay.." Serena said.

"Hell naw! That's my eldest brother's...thing. I'm all about girls." Nathan answered.

"Okay, whats this awful thing then?" Serena asked.

"Okay, right...you're gonna laugh ...and you'll think this is weird but..." Nathan said before a slight delay, "I'm a bit of an eco warrior."

Serena giggled, "Seriously? That's not too bad. I mean, a hell of a lot of waste happens around here, but I do recycle."

"Ohh, that's good. The recycling, not the waste." Nathan said.

"So what do you do on your warrior expeditions?" Serena asked.

Nathan laughed, "Well, I recycle, grow fruit and vegetables in the large garden and allotments round the back. I only eat ethically sourced food. I don't really use disposable items, and I go to demonstrations and lobby against nuclear power, battery hens, over packaging and single use plastics."

Serena was in awe as she listened, "And your family make fun of you for that? I think its noble!"

"Well, they don't really make fun, but Paa always makes jokes about not usin' both sides of the toilet paper. " Nathan said with a smile.

"It sounds hilarious in your house!" Serena said.

"It is! One of my inhouse battles is tryin' to get momma off those pods for her french coffee machine that are aluminium, but Paa says to leave her alone about it as it's one of her pleasures in life."

Serena smiled, "Oh my God theres soo much work to do around here! Tons of waste food, tons of plastic, water running all day...we need someone like you here! I bet you're a member of Greenpeace! When you come here, I can be your eco-warrior hippie sidekick for a week"

"Sounds great! About the water, I have this..." Nathan said as he held up a clear container, "I just refill this. It saves on more plastic. Seriously! Anyone can change their ways, reduce their carbon footprint and help the environment, and by the way, I am a member of Greenpeace."

"Haha, I thought so! What does Lennon think of your Eco-service?"

"He keeps ribbing me about it, and likes to remind me when he's bought a plastic water bottle, or how much his car drinks. Honestly, plastic is such a problem in the world."

Serena thought for a moment about the huge amount of condoms the Bordello used each day, "What about things a girl can't go without...each month?"

Nathan looked a little embarrassed, "Well, if you're talkin' 'bout what I think you're talkin' 'bout, then a friend of my has these soft bamboo material...things that you throw in the washin' machine after."