Chapter 176 : À Cœur Vaillant Rien D'impossible

Meanwhile in the private family compound, Kenzo turned to Dolores, "I've radio'd Juan, who is trying to make his way to the ESR, then here. They have light, power, network and phone issues."

Dolores looked troubled, "Has anyone seen, or managed to reach, Marcel?"

"No, why?" Kenzo answered.

After a moment, Dolores suddenly looked up to Kenzo, "Where are all my children..?"

Kenzo stared at her a moment, then got on his radio, "Boss, are you on?" He said as he waited for a response, "Boss, do you read.."

Madam Dolores had an uncharacteristic look of fear in her eyes as she stared at Kenzo, "Kenzo, have all of my children rounded up and brought to the family compound at once." Dolores said.

Kenzo went back onto his radio, "Okay, who's out there, and where..."

"Mateo here, I'm the closest to you Ken, by the canteen main complex. My batteries dying on this radio so I'm powering down for a short while."

"Juan here. I'm headed up to the ESR, then you guys."

"Ignacio here. I'm in the Gay asset building. I went off to get some supplies and the shutters came down locking me out. Lennon's here too...somewhere."

Kenzo turned back to the mic on his shoulder, "Are any family members by you?"

Mateo's voice came back on the radio, "Ohh, I had Chéri here, but don't now."

Madam Dolores turned quickly to look at Kenzo.

Kenzo asked back as he rolled his eyes, "What do you mean you don't have Chéri, now?!"

"He climbed through a ventilation shaft to get to the other part of the complex to free us all. He's with Ethan Gilvezin." Mateo answered.

"Mateo! Go find Chéri and the Canadian, and stay by them! That's an order!" Kenzo demanded.

"Hold on.. who died and made you the boss!" Mateo answered with a grin that he was glad Kenzo couldn't see.

"Mateo! Get your small, skinny, Spanish ass into that fucking vent and find Chéri. As I said. That's a motherfucking order! None of your bullshit backchat." Kenzo said, in a tone that made Mateo shut up.

Dolores looked at Kenzo, "I want all resources put to finding Chéri, and as many security personnel as possible."

Kenzo spoke back into the radio, "Can anyone give me a fix on the boss?"

Mateo answered, "Which one?"

Kenzo was not sure if this was more sarcasm, or a genuine question, as he knew that the Spanish often made jokes that they knew he would not understand.

"I want a fix on Marcel, or Lennon." Kenzo said.

Ignacio's voice came back, "I saw Lennon here somewhere, in the Gay asset building, surrounded by ladyboys. As for Marcel, has anyone checked his apartment, or checked in on Mercy Begheshian? It's a shame there are virtually no French security members left, as they were almost always in direct communication with Marcel, and were always around him."

Mateo's voice came over the radio, "Good thing there are not so many French around now, or we would have all have had an earful about our Spanish 'en-com-pe-tonz'. As for his location, I agree, has anyone checked Spangna's bed?"

Kenzo's voice came clear over the radio, "Shut the fuck up, Mateo. Anyone else got a radio?" He asked as some people started to check in.

Dolores looked at Kenzo, "Chéri must be brought here immediately! And all my other children! Hugo is out there too! And largely immobile!"